Semi Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Semi Squad

Post by fozzieskem »

yokozuna wrote:Agree with the last two posts.

But we need to play better in both defence and attack than we have been. On paper, we're a stronger side. We haven't been playing like that though.
I agree but we all know in these type of cup games the form book goes out the window but for a team such as wigan who's game is built around its defence simple hasnt been up to scratch this season.

Think it'll be a low scoring game personally Salford in a poor trot at the moment as we know are very impressive when they play well but can they lift themselves i don't know to be honest i hope not.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Sky Bet has us as 8-point favourites, but they've got that wrong before a few times this season.

A fit Farrell could be key. He's that important to us.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think conditions will play a big part...... also our poor infield kicking game needs too improve
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
markill

Post by markill »

Lui is ruled out for them. O'Brien comes in to the 19 man squad, so I don't see a great second hooker option for them. Could be an area of advantage now for us.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Firestarter wrote:Our defence is our biggest weapon in the big games
Normally I'd agree but maybe with our defence being a bit leaky in 2 obvious areas, I think that Salford, who can concede a lot of tries, will be vulnerable to our left-side attack and some runs and thrusts by SOL, George and Sam. I hope that we win (which we certainly should) by attacking early and often and putting them on the back foot for the rest of the match.
I don't normally like a gung-ho approach but Salford are the kind of side who find it hard to recover when the scoreboard is against them.
Wouldn't like to see that approach against Leeds next week, say, but it could pay dividends on Sunday.
Wembley here we come (hopefully)
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I wonder if we'll turn any penalties down in front of the stix and go for six?
That's been done a few times this season and we've come away with nowt!
When your form is poor every point counts as in cup rugby, lets hope this applies tomorrow? We'll need to, I think this will be tight.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would play only 1 hooker, as they are doing. Don't care which one, and then play an extra forward so we can roll them on and off all day. I would go with Davies ahead of Marshall, as he seems a better right winger.
We turn up with our A game and we will win. Come on lads!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I would play only 1 hooker, as they are doing. Don't care which one, and then play an extra forward so we can roll them on and off all day. I would go with Davies ahead of Marshall, as he seems a better right winger.
Both hookers will be in the 17, Sam P might need to cover for Tommy due to his ankle injury.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I would play only 1 hooker, as they are doing. Don't care which one, and then play an extra forward so we can roll them on and off all day. I would go with Davies ahead of Marshall, as he seems a better right winger.
We should play the Hooker who can do the full 80 without struggling and that would be Powell, MM scored a try in our last game then went missing, came back on and he was knackered, he went missing in France as well :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Like it or not it's hampering ourselves with the situation regarding hookers,time to make a choice because for me the 20 min then out simply isn't working.