Semi Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Gilfedder

Re: Semi Squad

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Caboosegg wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:20 minutes in Powell comes on for Micky Mac salford get two tries in short order.
Nothing to do with it being Powell, it's the fact MM can't play a full 80 or even 40, start with Powell and take him off at twenty and the same happens, we need an 80 minute Hooker, end of story
yes it is MM can play 80 minutes. their is a interview on wigan tv either start of last year or end of 2015. MM clearly states only reason he isnt playing 80 is wane.

this isnt a powell bash hes earnt a place in the squad but when he subs MM the speed of the play of the ball drops and salford got in the game. no because powell cant tackle we all know he can but because MM kept Dobson and Carney under pressure powell didnt and salford got back in he game.

that being said resulted we wanted although major improvements needed if we are to stand a chance against the hull team that played last night.
I actually thought Powell was crap today and MM was better player, he needs to stay on the pitch for longer periods, if he isn't capable of the full 80 anymore then why not play him for the first half then Powell for the second rather than breaking the momentum
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Well done Wigan!! Played some good rugby and knuckled down when they needed to. A dodgy patch the last twenty of the first half but credit to come out in the second and boss it like they did!!!

Matt
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:20 minutes in Powell comes on for Micky Mac salford get two tries in short order.
Nothing to do with it being Powell, it's the fact MM can't play a full 80 or even 40, start with Powell and take him off at twenty and the same happens, we need an 80 minute Hooker, end of story
We have got a 80 minute hooker, its Micky Mac and the only reason he doesn't play 80 minutes is Wane's obsession of subbing by the clock and his desire to find a place in the team for Powell come what may.

Today MIcky Mac showed why he is the better 9 than Powell, which leaves you having to say he can't do 80 minutes to justify your misguided low opinion of the player.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Firestarter wrote:If we had a right centre the game would have been dead and buried........ also tommy needs to kick the ball longer than 10 yards on pens
+1
He has learnt from Andy Farrell who had me cursing him for years with his 10 yard penalty kicks into touch.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

MM was class today, work rate excellent. Sam rolled back the years.

On the Burgess no try, any referees out there?
His hand came off the ball but ball appeared to be in the crook of his arm?
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

The coach who can't coach gets a busted team through 2/3 of a season and to a Wembley final.
[Btw, Leeds/Wigan joint record of 47 semis - they won 25, we won 31.]

The 2 hooker policy that every fantasy league manager knows is rubbish keeps MM fresh enough to score a brilliant try, and fresh enough to be on top form for Super 8s, Wembley, and maybe play-offs.

I'd rather be a Happy Clapper and be able to celebrate our success, than be a "supporter" who sees their team get to Wembley and can only moan.

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh!!!!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Thought MM and ST had their best games since they came back from injury today.
It's obvious to a blind man in a dark room that when MM goes off the momentum drops and to let oponents know when he's coming off would seem rather dumb?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

DaveO wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
We have got a 80 minute hooker, its Micky Mac and the only reason he doesn't play 80 minutes is Wane's obsession of subbing by the clock and his desire to find a place in the team for Powell come what may.

Today MIcky Mac showed why he is the better 9 than Powell, which leaves you having to say he can't do 80 minutes to justify your misguided low opinion of the player.
I guess you missed the post where i said i thought Powell was crap today and MM was the better player today
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

That was by far the worst refereeing display i have seen in the last 5 years. Playing things by the book one minute insensibly (like the tomkins decision) then ignoring the rules on others like the "thats direct contact to the head penalty for them which last time i heard direct contact to the head was an instant send off.

That aside we were by far a better team when MM was on the pitch he is showing what a proper hooker gives you. Powell seems to have gone backward since MM's return i don't know if its just you can contrast him now but his passing from the ruck is terrible at the moment.

We were actually pretty decent in the opening 20mins but then returned to making the game harder than it needed to be, running 5th tackle plays instead of kicking etc.

A decent win against a referee and video ref who seemed determined to stop wigan winning the match,
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I refuse to blame refs thyere invariably get things right but Childs was exasperating today