Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: Gelling

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:
moto748 wrote:Well right now I'm watching Bryson Goodwin of the Bunnies, who, for some unfathomable reason, is going to Leigh of all places! Cracking player, the Aussie commentators are as mystified as everyone else as to why the Rabbitohs have let him go.
He is a super player whom can play centre, wing or full back, but would cost too much for IL,he prefers projects from lower league clubs who usually turn out to be useless but are cheap.
Why wouldn't Wigan sign a year 32 old player on a big money contract when they are well covered in those positions with talent they have developed themselves.
Are we really well covered at centre, apart from Gildart we have Gelling who is totally unreliable and kids who may or may not become good players.He can also kick goals and we are not blessed in that area either are we?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

southportcdm wrote:If Gells can't find his form quickly our only other option for the final would be to put Bateman there again (I don't think he'll give Forsyth another game at this stage). I know it's not his best position but at least we'd be solid defensively and we have plenty of options at backrow. If Waney is thinking about this option he needs to give Bateman a couple of games at centre before the final. If Gells is carrying an injury he'll benefit from missing the Huddersfield game anyway.
southportcdm, its time for you to be sensible. Do you really expect us to win 7 matches on the bounce to get to the Grand Final?
We will be lucky to win 3 games.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

ian.birchall - you've missed my point. I'm suggesting that we get Bateman in at centre before the before the challenge cup final to give him a couple of games to adjust. I've already accepted that we won't make the top four. After the cup final I suggest we try possible changes for next season e.g. Sam at half back and someone else at fullback. These games won't mean much but they would be more useful than any preseason matches.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ian.birchall wrote:
southportcdm wrote:If Gells can't find his form quickly our only other option for the final would be to put Bateman there again (I don't think he'll give Forsyth another game at this stage). I know it's not his best position but at least we'd be solid defensively and we have plenty of options at backrow. If Waney is thinking about this option he needs to give Bateman a couple of games at centre before the final. If Gells is carrying an injury he'll benefit from missing the Huddersfield game anyway.
southportcdm, its time for you to be sensible. Do you really expect us to win 7 matches on the bounce to get to the Grand Final?
We will be lucky to win 3 games.
And here's me thinking southport was talking about the challenge cup final? I really need to read posts correctly? :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Posted a couple of weeks ago about Gildart and despite his own injury problems, how lucky we have been to have had such a classy player in one of the centre spots

When he has played (and that has not been too often) Gelling on the other hand, has been mediocre (and that is being fair to him).

Has been played due to the fact Forsyth lacks the pace or skills to play at Super League level and with only Isa/Tomkins and Bateman as the remaining options we have picked Burgess. A player who hasn't looked right since being injured against Leigh!

Not sure if the way we plays affects his form as we have backs taking the ball out of our twenty and forwards handling the ball in the opposition twenty. If that is the case, how can fans "blame" a player when it it the tactics that stink?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
joeb

Post by joeb »

Play manfriday at centre hes ready and played there before he came wigan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

joeb wrote:Play manfriday at centre hes ready and played there before he came wigan
what about manthursday? he could play a day earlier
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Gelling needs to be dropped if only to make him work to earn his place back...

i though gelling was outstanding last year and untouchable in some important matches.

this year hes not really got and consistency. he played got injured, came back to soon got injured, played injured (i presume with his totally mummified arm) and then has been average on return.

sadly Budgie at centre is a even worse option :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Gelling is fit he plays.
Bateman or Isa at centre is not a good option.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

southportcdm wrote:ian.birchall - you've missed my point. I'm suggesting that we get Bateman in at centre before the before the challenge cup final to give him a couple of games to adjust. I've already accepted that we won't make the top four. After the cup final I suggest we try possible changes for next season e.g. Sam at half back and someone else at fullback. These games won't mean much but they would be more useful than any preseason matches.
OK Southport I will forgive you for confusing an old man.☺
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.