Rail travel to the final.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wandering walter

Rail travel to the final.

Post by wandering walter »

I realise that this may be a long shot, but she who will be obeyed wants to go to the final. It would appear that Network Rail have decided to close Euston station and others over the August bank holiday weekend. also some tube lines closed. Can anyone advice of an alternative rail route to Wembley, on the Saturday morning.
Warrior Gilfedder

Re: Rail travel to the final.

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

can you not put your journey into this site, surely it will take into account the closed stations and give another route

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I looked at train then gave up and decided to get the coach instead i know its 5 hours but at least its straight there and i cant get lost :lol:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Elsewhere people have said, train to Brum, change to Snow Hill, and get train from there to Marylebone.

I may be doing that myself cos I want to make a weekend of it in London so coach travel not an option.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Better plan (for me, anyway) might be to travel down Friday night and come back on the BH Monday, thus missing Euston closures.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

moto748 wrote:Elsewhere people have said, train to Brum, change to Snow Hill, and get train from there to Marylebone.

I may be doing that myself cos I want to make a weekend of it in London so coach travel not an option.
Mayfair Travel are doing a two night stay in london.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I have family in London, so won't be paying for hotel rooms, so that's isn't an option for me. But thanks. :)
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Network Rail close the line to London August Bank Holiday weekend most years. One more reason to move it to end of June.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Even though I'm on the East Coast Line and go into St Pancras, the prospect of delayed / cancelled trains is too much to risk. Never mind the cost, so for the first time in years shall be driving down. Shall be getting my lad to drive us back, about 25 quid in diesel and less than a tenner to park. Done.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

endoman wrote:Even though I'm on the East Coast Line and go into St Pancras, the prospect of delayed / cancelled trains is too much to risk. Never mind the cost, so for the first time in years shall be driving down. Shall be getting my lad to drive us back, about 25 quid in diesel and less than a tenner to park. Done.
Where you parking?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan