Joel Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Joel Tomkins

Post by No straw damn us »

I wonder if his season is over? When he came off the field after being substituted he let out a few choice expletives and went straight down the tunnel to the dressing room. A far as I can remember he didn't come back and wasn't on the field for the post match celebrations. If it is the case then it's most important to get Farrell bak and fit, although Isa did well again yesterday.
markill

Re: Joel Tomkins

Post by markill »

No straw damn us wrote:I wonder if his season is over? When he came off the field after being substituted he let out a few choice expletives and went straight down the tunnel to the dressing room. A far as I can remember he didn't come back and wasn't on the field for the post match celebrations. If it is the case then it's most important to get Farrell bak and fit, although Isa did well again yesterday.
He only played short minutes and wasn't great. Did he look injured then or just annoyed?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Great is a word i would never use for joel
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

markill wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:I wonder if his season is over? When he came off the field after being substituted he let out a few choice expletives and went straight down the tunnel to the dressing room. A far as I can remember he didn't come back and wasn't on the field for the post match celebrations. If it is the case then it's most important to get Farrell bak and fit, although Isa did well again yesterday.
He only played short minutes and wasn't great. Did he look injured then or just annoyed?
Both, the former causing the secondary.
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Complete waste of money
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:Complete waste of money
You said the same about Sam and Lockers!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
no i didn't
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
no i didn't
Ok, your comments implied the same.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Joel prior to being sold to Saracens was one of the best running back rowers in the English game.

We bought him back injured. Never fully recovered and after 2.5 years of absolute mediocrity, lazyiness and poor discipline mixed in with the odd reasonable 15 minutes or so in the proverbial blue moon, time has (or should have) come for Joel to go.

If we do not have a better prospect or cannot recruit someone who can offer even the slightest bit of improvement on what Joel offers, then it is time to sack our scouts. He has had his time and harsh but realistic decisions like the option to cut Logan needed to be shown to the eldest of the Tomkins brothers.

Probably one of the biggest mistakes of this season was the one made offering him a contract extension, no matter how much his terms have been reduced.

Professional clubs realize (and Wigan used to be good at it), that when the time came to move players on they did and this season has been evident of the problem at Wigan. Too many bang average players have been kept on, when the club should have actively sought to strengthen weak areas within the team and create a more balanced squad with players capable of making an impact should they be called into the team and not just make the numbers up as some sort of retirement home
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!