Flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Josie's friend

Re: Flower

Post by Josie's friend »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:There are some amazing props in the NRL, there are also some very mediocre ones, some have played SL, some have played for our club and some currently do, Flower would hold his own no problem!!
If that was the case why was he thrown all over the place by Cronulla?

Don't believe me rewatch the game, our other props were up to the task but Flower wasn't. After that first big hit Gildart went from a boy to a man and hit back just as hard, Flower just went in to hiding.
FPN is in cruise control but still topping our performance charts, i'll repeat rewatch that WCC match and you'll get a glimps how well Flower would perform in the NRL.

We all support this club and no one is knocking your defence of Flower but the proof is there.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Josie's friend wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:There are some amazing props in the NRL, there are also some very mediocre ones, some have played SL, some have played for our club and some currently do, Flower would hold his own no problem!!

Don't believe me rewatch the game, our other props were up to the task but Flower wasn't. After that first big hit Gildart went from a boy to a man and hit back just as hard, Flower just went in to hiding.
FPN is in cruise control but still topping our performance charts, i'll repeat rewatch that WCC match and you'll get a glimps how well Flower would perform in the NRL.

We all support this club and no one is knocking your defence of Flower but the proof is there.
So we will judge him on one game? A game we won which our forward pack dominated, a forward pack that started with Flower as prop?

I am not saying he would be outstanding in the NRL but he would certainly hold his own and do a job just like some lesser props do that have played SL and now NRL!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:

So we will judge him on one game? A game we won which our forward pack dominated, a forward pack that started with Flower as prop?

I am not saying he would be outstanding in the NRL but he would certainly hold his own and do a job just like some lesser props do that have played SL and now NRL!!
This is where the discussion ends regarding Flower, some fans like him others don't they'll never agree. Enjoy the second half
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Two words on this,"Been Missed".
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Two words on this,"Been Missed".
Two words on that comment, "Totally Correct".
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Because hes easily our best starting prop
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Two words on this,"Been Missed".
Two words on that comment, "Totally Correct".
Two words on both those comments, 'I agree'!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I'm not reopening the discussion but it did seem to me prior to the major Achilles problem that has ended his season that he was not operating at full whack and I assume that the Achilles was bothering him. He's an object lesson to others on how to make yards from a difficult position.