19-Man Squad: Vs Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-Man Squad: Vs Leeds

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name 19-man squad for Betfred Super League Super 8s clash with Leeds Rhinos

Jack Wells and Josh Ganson replace Joel Tomkins and Sam Powell for Friday’s game at the Headingley Carnegie Stadium

Tickets and official coach travel still available via DW Stadium Ticket Office
Wigan Warriors have today named their 19-man squad for Friday’s Bedfred Super League clash with Leeds Rhinos.

The pair meet at Headingley Carnegie Stadium at 8pm in the opening Super 8s fixture of 2017 with two vital league points at stake.

The Warriors make two changes from the side that defeated Salford in the Challenge Cup Semi Final with youngsters Jack Wells and Josh Ganson replacing Joel Tomkins (groin) and Sam Powell (suspension).

Liam Farrell retains his place in the squad despite not recovering in time for last Sundays game, whilst Tom Davies and Liam Marshall are again vying for a wing spot.

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad
John Bateman, Joe Burgess, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Liam Farrell, Josh Ganson, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Thomas Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Michael Mcilorum, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sean O’Loughlin, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Sam Tomkins, George Williams, Jack Wells.

Tickets and official coach travel are still available for this fixture from the DW Stadium Ticket Office and on the Ticket Hotline – 0871 6633 552.

http://wiganwarriors.com/news/2017-08-0 ... Ycvu54T.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AdamMac

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Leeds

Post by AdamMac »

Wells & Marshall to miss out I think.

Unless Faz doesn't make it, then wells plays.

Huge game.

Win this and we have real momentum for not only the 8's but for wembley then too as I think we will go on to beat Salford and huddersfield at home.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

AdamMac wrote:Wells & Marshall to miss out I think.

Unless Faz doesn't make it, then wells plays.

Huge game.

Win this and we have real momentum for not only the 8's but for wembley then too as I think we will go on to beat Salford and huddersfield at home.
It is a massive game the ONLY hope of us making 4th is to win every single game and hope for a miracle elsewhere

if we could bottle the first 20mins of the CC Semi we have a chance
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

It would be Ganson and Marshall for me but it is decreed we have to have a momentum subsidence after 20 minutes. :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
markill

Post by markill »

From memory, Ganson has not necessarily been brought on at the systematic 20 minutes mark in his other games, will be interesting to see but I don't expect him to play 40 minutes but I do expect him to play some part.

Wells & Marshall to miss out for me too, unless Farrell isn't right and unless Burgess has a knock, as he got strapped up 1st half and didn't outpace anyone 2nd half on Sunday.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Ticket bought, although not for the first time, I see they are not listed to buy online, only coach travel. Is this a cunning plan to force fans to use their expensive land-line? Do they only offer online sales for away games up until the last posting date? I would still rather buy online then pick up in person later, if that were possible.
markill

Post by markill »

moto748 wrote:Ticket bought, although not for the first time, I see they are not listed to buy online, only coach travel. Is this a cunning plan to force fans to use their expensive land-line? Do they only offer online sales for away games up until the last posting date? I would still rather buy online then pick up in person later, if that were possible.
I'm hoping we can just pay on the gate as the ticket priority on Monday was the final so we didn't order any for Leeds!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
moto748

Post by moto748 »

markill wrote:
I'm hoping we can just pay on the gate as the ticket priority on Monday was the final so we didn't order any for Leeds!
I bought Leeds tickets over the phone OK this afternoon, also coach travel. I'll nip out and pick them up sometime tomorrow.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Yea i bought my coach and Leeds tickets yesterday too.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Goes without saying a massive match for us tonight. No handicap on skybet and so hard to call.
Depends who copes with the semi hangover best but a loss for Leeds wont hurt them as it will us. If we lose tonight 4 points from top 4 with six games left will be insurmountable in my opinion.
Fingers crossed we are due a win there.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield