Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dave_highfive1

Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Post by dave_highfive1 »

This is making me sick! As a Wigan fan.

How many games have we even won this season?

This really really REALLY pains me but I hope we lose the CC so that more pressure is put on Wane to leave. He is no good and that is the end of it.

Let's face it, the last couple of seasons trophy wins have been down to the quality of the squad, at season end. Not the coach. If we had a good attacking coach with our squad, we would destroy Super League. It's embarrassing.

Wane has been found out, and I will put money on the fact that next season if he is still in charge we will win nothing.

I am full for credit of the likes of ST being good and getting better week by week even with the mistakes he made, and the effort of Gildart, SOL and Davies (who was exceptional).

Hell, I even wanted Saints to win last night, even though it would be detrimental to Wigan. Wigan of course should win on their own merit alone if they are worthy.

But playing people out of position, no clue of attack what.so.ever, playing idiots (Gelling) week in week out in a STARTING position when he is nothing short of diabolical, Wane has to go.
Warrior20

Re: Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Post by Warrior20 »

dave_highfive1 wrote:This is making me sick! As a Wigan fan.

This really really REALLY pains me but I hope we lose the CC so that more pressure is put on Wane to leave. He is no good and that is the end of it.

Let's face it, the last couple of seasons trophy wins have been down to the quality of the squad, at season end. Not the coach. If we had a good attacking coach with our squad, we would destroy Super League. It's embarrassing.

Wane has been found out, and I will put money on the fact that next season if he is still in charge we will win nothing.

I am full for credit of the likes of ST being good and getting better week by week even with the mistakes he made, and the effort of Gildart, SOL and Davies (who was exceptional).

Hell, I even wanted Saints to win last night, even though it would be detrimental to Wigan. Wigan of course should win on their own merit alone if they are worthy.

But playing people out of position, no clue of attack what.so.ever, playing idiots (Gelling) week in week out in a STARTING position when he is nothing short of diabolical, Wane has to go.
Regardless of what you think of Wane this is a ridiculous post. To say you want Wigan to lose the CC final is pathetic. Then to give Wane no credit for Wigan winning matches?? I can't understand this mentality that if we win it is down to the players, nothing to do with Wane, but if we lose it is all down to Wane, he has no chance if that is he way you look at it. He has won far more games as coach then he has lost. Maybe next season there should be a new Wigan coach, maybe new ideas are needed, but credit were its due, Wane has been a great coach for Wigan.
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Yeah I'm sure I can see this season, and the next, going really well.......

Wane came off the back of Madge. Simple. Things will only get worse now. He has no game plan what so ever. That has been said for ages.

Like I said it really pains me to say, but I'd there is any slight glimmer of hope of any silverware this season, Wane will stay. And that WILL be bad for next year.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

dave_highfive1 wrote:Yeah I'm sure I can see this season, and the next, going really well.......

Wane came off the back of Madge. Simple. Things will only get worse now. He has no game plan what so ever. That has been said for ages.

Like I said it really pains me to say, but I'd there is any slight glimmer of hope of any silverware this season, Wane will stay. And that WILL be bad for next year.
You don't know what will happen next season, there is no point speculating on it. I would rather be winning silverware every season than have s coach that plays attractive rugby and wins jack.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

A team that cant play 6 tackles and makes silly 4th,5th and 6th tackle options isnt playing for the coach IMO
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

When someone comes on saying they want St Helens to win a game, that says it all for me.
That's ignoring the fact they want us to lose the Challenge Cup final.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

If we play attractive rugby, and actually have an attack plan, we win.

I would sooner now think of the bigger picture, rather than the glimmer of hope we have, or don't have in the CC.

We all have our views. I respect yours.
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

It was an entertaining game which I wish Castleford got beat, as they are running away with it.

Wigan, in fact any team, should win on their own merit, and not on the fact that if SH lose its good for us.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Warrior20 wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote:This is making me sick! As a Wigan fan.

Regardless of what you think of Wane this is a ridiculous post. To say you want Wigan to lose the CC final is pathetic. Then to give Wane no credit for Wigan winning matches?? I can't understand this mentality that if we win it is down to the players, nothing to do with Wane, but if we lose it is all down to Wane, he has no chance if that is he way you look at it. He has won far more games as coach then he has lost. Maybe next season there should be a new Wigan coach, maybe new ideas are needed, but credit were its due, Wane has been a great coach for Wigan.
No he has not. Despite the odd trophy, if you look at the win/loss ratio I think you will find it has got worse season after season with him in charge and the standard of RL has gone down the pan.

But whatever the statistics say, do you when you go to games sit there reading the stats and say "he's a great coach" despite watching what you see before your eyes, a team that looks clueless making the same mistakes week in week out?

Whatever, his position is safe. IL will use the injury excuse (despite the fact with the injuries we should still have won several games) and say we got to Wembley even if Hull beat us 50-0. IL can't be bothered looking for a new coach. If we win, I am sure you will hail Wane as a great coach. Me? I will take a leaf out of Wane's book and only turn up for finals.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Just going by this season he definitely should be sacked but you can't ignore his success since he took over. I don't buy the talk of him inheriting a winning side from Madge and coasting of his success, I also don't believe this is the side he chose. IL & Radz constantly weaken his teams and he follows the party line and stays quiet, there's only so far you can weaken before you end up with a season like this.
I like Wane and don't think he's completely to blame