The move to Robin Park

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

The move to Robin Park

Post by No straw damn us »

Looks as though it will happen. "Trojan Horse"?

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/warriors ... -1-8690801
Seinfeld79

Re: The move to Robin Park

Post by Seinfeld79 »

Which poster will be the first to ask if Trojan Horse can play centre?

Sounds like potentially great news to me.
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

I take it this will only be for training purposes and the odd moved game, surely it isn't big enough for a full time move
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:I take it this will only be for training purposes and the odd moved game, surely it isn't big enough for a full time move
Academy/reserve/scholarship games and training I would imagine. But I think there will also be "commercial opportunities" Lenagan has been looking for somewhere to host a Wigan RL museum for a long time.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I wonder how this will affect the Wigan Harriers and all the other local sporting clubs that currently use the track and field for their training? I can imagine it's not going to be as easy for us to pay on the day on Thursday nights to use their facilities.

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Sutty wrote:I wonder how this will affect the Wigan Harriers and all the other local sporting clubs that currently use the track and field for their training? I can imagine it's not going to be as easy for us to pay on the day on Thursday nights to use their facilities.
I don't think it will affect harriers or whats currently going on there.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

eccywarrior wrote:
Sutty wrote:I wonder how this will affect the Wigan Harriers and all the other local sporting clubs that currently use the track and field for their training? I can imagine it's not going to be as easy for us to pay on the day on Thursday nights to use their facilities.
But surely that depends on whether the Warriors are happy for the general public to carry on using their facilities, as they do now (at Robin Park.

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Sutty wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:
But surely that depends on whether the Warriors are happy for the general public to carry on using their facilities, as they do now (at Robin Park.
Cant see them not still letting them still using it. Where else are they going go?
IN WANE WE TRUST
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well it's hopeless for the Academy games! You can't see anything as the seating area is too far away! ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:I take it this will only be for training purposes and the odd moved game, surely it isn't big enough for a full time move
I don't know about that. There is a lot of land connected to Robin Park, which I think could hold a 15,000 to 20,000 seater stadium, that's if IL wanted to shop around for sponsorship to help with the funding of the build.