manfredi injured

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevo38

manfredi injured

Post by stevo38 »

apparantly dom came off injured today
Panchitta Marra

Re: manfredi injured

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Read it on another fans web site too.
Let's hope it's just precautionary Dom coming off.
Said on a previous post why risk Dom this season for the sake of half a dozen games and instead give him a good rest with a proper pre season next season.
Bad news and maybe a stupid decision if it's the same injury.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd like to see Dom available for our remaining games. Budgie stank the place out last night!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Players do want to play,it takes a brave coach to tell them no sit it out,i hope to hell though its not serious.

From my persepctive though i genuinely cant see what he would add to proceedings he wont be match fit for the CC and to running the risk of further injury in what will end up being meaningless games is a massive risk.

This is of course where the reserve system should be in place,to get these players with long term injuries a good run out befor ethe proper hustle and bustle starts in the SL
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cherry.pie wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Read it on another fans web site too.
Let's hope it's just precautionary Dom coming off.
Said on a previous post why risk Dom this season for the sake of half a dozen games and instead give him a good rest with a proper pre season next season.
Bad news and maybe a stupid decision if it's the same injury.
Do you really think Dom would be happy to sit out games before the cup final, leading up to the playoffs and before the world cup?

Players want to play. They want to play in big games and they want to represent their country. Dom would see a handful of games remaining for him to really rip in and try to get himself on the plane for the world cup.

Imagine how a player would feel if he wanted to return and the club were like 'nah don't bother, just sit it out til next year'.
I would think that every player would want to play in a final and be selected for their national team.
I also think that players return too soon after injury and the club and player suffer as a result, be it the club or players decision to play.
If this is a re-occuring injury for Dom, was the decision for him to return a good one irrespective of how he feels he wants to play in a Challenge Cup final.
I'm not convinced.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'd like to see Dom available for our remaining games. Budgie stank the place out last night!
. I rate this as the overexaggeration of the season, so far.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Problem with his knee, scans this week!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Problem with his knee, scans this week!
Doesnt look good does it,still hope for the best for the lad.
pedro

Post by pedro »

jao711 wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I'd like to see Dom available for our remaining games. Budgie stank the place out last night!
. I rate this as the overexaggeration of the season, so far.
hes not wrong though
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really disappointed for Dom. We/he need to forget about this season and get ready for next if his knee allows it. Players always want to rush back asap so you can't blame anyone if they followed the normal procedures. It's just very sad for the lad.