Congratulations to Castleford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
stevethegas

Congratulations to Castleford

Post by stevethegas »

Nobody can deny that they have deserved to win the League this season.

Yes it's disappointing that Wigan weren't in the running, but the way Cas have played is worthy of the prize. And it's good for the game.

So well done Cas. I will not be churlish and negative in any way. If it's not Wigan then I am really pleased for them.
Stevethegas
fozzieskem

Re: Congratulations to Castleford

Post by fozzieskem »

Superb rugby all season long,it would be utterly childish to say otherwise,the other 11 coaches need to take on board that entertaining rugby can and does pay with silverware.

The game is perhaps at it's lowest ebb in terms of publicity and it needs teams such as Wigan,Saints,Leeds and the rest playing attractive rugby and perhaps as a sport we can start to make inroads again.

Can they win the Grand Final? i don't think so (have a sneaky feeling Saints will win it),but given thats a game i always go to if it's not to be a Wigan appearance at Old Trafford i take those two as finalsts.

So yes well done Cas
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I genuinely hope (given the fact that i feel Wigan are out the running) that cas win the GF, i would hate to see the good work they've done this year go to waste. They have won for me the most important trophy - i know its not thought of like that but that is utterly ridiculous and the main reason our sport is failing so badly.

Bottom line if every team played like Cas the superleague would be an absolute joy to watch
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i'm intrested to see if they retain the players, one of the issues we have had when been successful is alot of player moving on year after year.

Gale for example has been made this year, will he be looking to try the NRL? hes certainly a walk in for england (hopefully not at the cost of williams)

they deserve league leaders, i expected them to run out of steam about a month ago and they didn't.

hopefully teams will look at how to beat them for next season as having one team walk the league is never good.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Best team in SL this season by a mile.
Well done to them for finishing top of the League.
A very under rated achievement.
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

Congrats and credit to cas they have been the best team this year. They got a little carried away though, they were singing we are the champions at one point!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer123 wrote:Congrats and credit to cas they have been the best team this year. They got a little carried away though, they were singing we are the champions at one point!!
its nice to see though the shield getting its due it far too often it's get forgotton and overshadowed by the grand final when for me at least it's a hell of an achievement to win it.
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

I know, not suggesting they or it shouldn't be celebrated as it is an achievement, they aren't champions though was my point.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:Superb rugby all season long,it would be utterly childish to say otherwise,the other 11 coaches need to take on board that entertaining rugby can and does pay with silverware.

The game is perhaps at it's lowest ebb in terms of publicity and it needs teams such as Wigan,Saints,Leeds and the rest playing attractive rugby and perhaps as a sport we can start to make inroads again.

Can they win the Grand Final? i don't think so (have a sneaky feeling Saints will win it),but given thats a game i always go to if it's not to be a Wigan appearance at Old Trafford i take those two as finalsts.

So yes well done Cas
They have played the best RL all season and got their due reward. We have also got what we deserved from the league given the way we played.

As to the GF I think it depends how Hull go after a cup final. They had Cas's number in the cup and so could do it again if they meet.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Agreed, well done Cas, deserved hubcap winners. Been the best side in the comp by a distance, the table doesn't lie.