Rugby league legend Hanley to present Challenge Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Rugby league legend Hanley to present Challenge Cup

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: Rugby league legend Hanley to present Challenge Cup

Post by endoman »

Probably mean more to the players to have the black pearl present it than the ginger prince. Did think harry might show up in his first year in office, probably got Polo on somewhere instead.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

endoman wrote:Probably mean more to the players to have the black pearl present it than the ginger prince. Did think harry might show up in his first year in office, probably got Polo on somewhere instead.
Come on Endoman that is a cheap comment! Harry has my utmost respect, how many on here have fought in the world's most inhospitable places?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Come on Endoman that is a cheap comment! Harry has my utmost respect, how many on here have fought in the world's most inhospitable places?

What, Leeds? :lol:
endoman

Post by endoman »

Yes it's a cheap comment, but valid. He's frequently pictured at Twickers and I know he has a similar role with the RFU. Just a shame he's not there, especially as RL has such an affiliation with the forces etc. Seen him once at something at Headingley for kids.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Hanley wouldn't be my pick, good player but shadowy life off the pitch.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Fawdoffshed wrote:Probably the best rugby league player of all time.
Agreed.

As to Harry Hewitt, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm fiercely proud of RL as part of my northern heritage. Telling the public schoolboys where to get off in 1895, and fighting their prejudice in the press, in the forces and in the corridors of power for 122 years since then puts our sport above any other imo.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Billgreenwoodsson

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

Shadowy life off the pitch????? what on earth is that supposed to mean?? His private life/my private life/your private life is of no concern or business whatsoever of anyone on here at all!!!! If you have something to say, say it and, if not, keep your gob shut. One question --- would you face to face say that to Mr Hanley? If not you are way out of order.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Suppose presenting the trophy imo is a honour within itself, so to have an all time great being honoured with the task is the right thing to do.

I like it.