Is my love for the greatest game on earth wavering?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Billgreenwoodsson

Is my love for the greatest game on earth wavering?

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

A look at 1985 Cup Final and 2017 Cup Final worries me. Is a pinpoint accurate kick being caught and put down over the try line really that skilful and exciting? I fear not. Look at the 1985 tries and the 2017 tries and tell me honestly which are the most skilful and exciting?
moto748

Re: Is my love for the greatest game on earth wavering?

Post by moto748 »

Watch the NRL.
Billgreenwoodsson

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

Pardon my ignorance but HOW???
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Freesport launches on sky and free-view on Thursday, it will carry some live NRL. some on delayed transmission and all wolf pack home games

But in answer to the original post, I feel the same, I'm bored of the "grind" "middles" "edges" i enjoy watching Cas play the game, and I'm desperately hoping they win the grand final with well structured attacking rugby, they remind me of Wigan in Wanes first year, we were scoring tries for fun, but ran out of steam by the grand final. That seems to have sown the seed for our low risk style of minimalist rugby. It has brought some success, but you need to be winning with it, otherwise fans start to get bored (about now) and start to pick games, then get get out of the habit of attending the games altogether.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Lazy J wrote:Freesport launches on sky and free-view on Thursday, it will carry some live NRL. some on delayed transmission and all wolf pack home games

But in answer to the original post, I feel the same, I'm bored of the "grind" "middles" "edges" i enjoy watching Cas play the game, and I'm desperately hoping they win the grand final with well structured attacking rugby, they remind me of Wigan in Wanes first year, we were scoring tries for fun, but ran out of steam by the grand final. That seems to have sown the seed for our low risk style of minimalist rugby. It has brought some success, but you need to be winning with it, otherwise fans start to get bored (about now) and start to pick games, then get get out of the habit of attending the games altogether.
I have to agree with your main paragraph. Becoming boring.
markill

Post by markill »

Lazy J wrote: But in answer to the original post, I feel the same, I'm bored of the "grind" "middles" "edges" i enjoy watching Cas play the game, and I'm desperately hoping they win the grand final with well structured attacking rugby, they remind me of Wigan in Wanes first year, we were scoring tries for fun, but ran out of steam by the grand final. That seems to have sown the seed for our low risk style of minimalist rugby. It has brought some success, but you need to be winning with it, otherwise fans start to get bored (about now) and start to pick games, then get get out of the habit of attending the games altogether.
That final bit is an excellent point.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Billgreenwoodss​on​ wrote:A look at 1985 Cup Final and 2017 Cup Final worries me. Is a pinpoint accurate kick being caught and put down over the try line really that skilful and exciting? I fear not. Look at the 1985 tries and the 2017 tries and tell me honestly which are the most skilful and exciting?
This is what I've just alluded to in another thread.

We scored three tries as did Hull. Two of their tries came from kicks. One from our bad scrambling defence.

Two of our tries came from passing down to the wing & one from a very lucky bounce of the ball from a kick.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Yes, I'm seriously thinking about dropping the season ticket next season and picking which games to watch if there are no major changes. It's sad when match day comes along and you're not looking forward it. However loyal fans are, it's not cheap nowadays and we do turn up in the hope of being entertained.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Ive mentioned it on another thread, Rugby League is no longer the highlight of my week and i will often not watch tv matches anymore unless its cas playing, if i do i normally turn them off after the first half or halve them on in the background.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Ive mentioned it on another thread, Rugby League is no longer the highlight of my week and i will often not watch tv matches anymore unless its cas playing, if i do i normally turn them off after the first half or halve them on in the background.
So are you going to support Castleford then?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan