Calderwood

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Calderwood

Post by GeoffN »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 095700.stm

Looks like Leeds might be struggling with the cap, at last, if they can't afford to keep him, after already offloading McD and Botham.
DaveO

Re: Calderwood

Post by DaveO »

I think Leeds will shed one or two more players at rhe end of the season. Poching is getting on a bit as ar eone or two others in the squad and may well b in their last seasons at the club.

I think next year will be a transition year for Leeds and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

It depends to a large extent on the position other sides are in whether the players leaving Leeds will reduce their chances of staying at the top. If Bradford don't improve and as Wigan will still be rebuilding next year IMO that could be two of the usual suspects out of the way.

It could also leave Saints in a false position of strength as they won't have much competition.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

GeoffN posted:

Looks like Leeds might be struggling with the cap, at last, if they can't afford to keep him, after already offloading McD and Botham.
The cap in perfect working order then!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

According to Millward we aren't interested in Calderwood because we have 2 good wingers in Dallas and Carney with Richards coming also. Does this mean Carney is staying?

It will be interesting to see where Calderwood ends up if not with us - Warrington perhaps?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I thought that too, carney looked dead set to leave at the end of the season and speculation was mounting over bretts future, if brian doesnt leave i'll be totally amazed and can only think wigan are refusing to let him go. Calderwood isnt very good in defence though.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mrs_carney posted:
I thought that too, carney looked dead set to leave at the end of the season and speculation was mounting over bretts future, if brian doesnt leave i'll be totally amazed and can only think wigan are refusing to let him go. Calderwood isnt very good in defence though.
I couldn't really tell where the speculation about Dallas leaving was coming from. He's had a superb season, and unlike last year, I don't think there are any strong offers around for him to go back Down Under. I can see him playing out his contract then going back to Aus, but that's 12 months away.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

They just seemed to appear from nowhere i went back to my high school the other week and my old form tutor said it to me and i was like where've you heard that. Dallas said in the wigan observer the other week this is his last contract, so it sounds like he's retiring at the end of next season.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

GeoffN posted:

it was only 2 years ago we were linked with him. i wouldn't mind him in a cherry & white shirt
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

Lockers15 posted:
GeoffN posted:

it was only 2 years ago we were linked with him. i wouldn't mind him in a cherry & white shirt
i would say depends on how many he gets against us!

nah- honest, we dont need a winger - centre, prop, and now poss Full Back!
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Fraggle posted:
mrs_carney posted:
I couldn't really tell where the speculation about Dallas leaving was coming from. He's had a superb season, and unlike last year, I don't think there are any strong offers around for him to go back Down Under. I can see him playing out his contract then going back to Aus, but that's 12 months away.
The new Gold Coast franchise would be interested I'm sure. They may come to these shores with a very long (Aussie) shopping list.