Our Front Row

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Our Front Row

Post by medlocke »

The Mickey Mac MYTH Has Been Busted :eusa1:
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I rate both of our hookers, they're both good players but they do now seem more similar in the way that they play than in previous seasons. I too would like a hooker in the squad who had pace and could scoot to make those 'easy' yards that we often seem to miss out on. Mickey may well be a bit quicker/fitter next season after a full pre-season and Sam is still relatively young and could develop his game further. At present they both offer very similar options for the team and the opposing side doesn't have to adjust when we make a change.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Just seen on SKY Sports News that Ben Flower has pulled out of the Wales squad do to his failure to overcome an achilles injury.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Roby is a far better hooker then mickey mac, I'd have him at wigan over mickey any day
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Since Cunningham retired what have Stains won with just Roby as hooker?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Roby was perhaps world class but he's over the brow now,still better than the current version of MM but maybe not the player he once was but still a hell of a player.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Since Cunningham retired what have Stains won with just Roby as hooker?
too simplistic, KC was part of some very very good saints teams and roby has been part of some very very poor ones.

the 2006 saints team to this day IMO is the best ever fielded in superleague in terms of talent
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Since Cunningham retired what have Stains won with just Roby as hooker?
too simplistic, KC was part of some very very good saints teams and roby has been part of some very very poor ones.

the 2006 saints team to this day IMO is the best ever fielded in superleague in terms of talent
The answer is 1 grand final against 12 men for 77 minutes with no MM on the pitch! I will leave it there!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »

In KC's era take him out of that team and it still wins due to quality everywhere. Take Roby out of saints team now and they win nothing, with him in it they have a chance. Roby single handed carries saints!

Robins stats are amazing and he looks good when you watch them the only hooker in the same league as him at the moment is houghton they are in a class of 2, 40 - 50 tackles per game whilst maintaining an attacking threat.

I rate MM I think he's a good hard rugby player but he is not the best hooker in the league I have even said a few times I would convert MM to a 13 and sign a quality go forward 9.

Remember piggy?! He was a breath of fresh air.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wes wrote:In KC's era take him out of that team and it still wins due to quality everywhere. Take Roby out of saints team now and they win nothing, with him in it they have a chance. Roby single handed carries saints!

Robins stats are amazing and he looks good when you watch them the only hooker in the same league as him at the moment is houghton they are in a class of 2, 40 - 50 tackles per game whilst maintaining an attacking threat.

I rate MM I think he's a good hard rugby player but he is not the best hooker in the league I have even said a few times I would convert MM to a 13 and sign a quality go forward 9.

Remember piggy?! He was a breath of fresh air.
dont win a lot with him, Cunningham was one of the reasons Saints were so good, he carried that pack.