Super 8's

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Super 8's

Post by medlocke »

How many regular rounds are left before play offs and am i right in thinking a win tonight will see us in 4th place?
Green Machine

Re: Super 8's

Post by Green Machine »

Not necessarily Wakefield are 1 point ahead of us so would depend on their result against Salford tonight.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

And there are 3 games left after tonight. For us it's Hull away, Cas at home and Wakefield away
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

So, with three games after this one, nothing will be decided tonight, but whoever wins our game makes a massive stride to securing a top 4 spot. Losing will not mean a top 4 spot is out of reach mathematically, but it'd make it very unlikely.

Top 3 is still possible.

Just got to keep on winning.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Think it's safe to say that Saints have easier matches remaining after tonight than we do:

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

We need to preform a lot better than Saturday and the officials to be fairer to win, still think it is to late for us and in a way perhaps if we fail perhaps we might change our coach and buy someone who can kick some conversions and we will get 6 points instead of 4
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

when you look at the table as a RL fan i should be overjoyed with excitement because everything is so close. with the exception of Cas and Leeds, there is nothing in it from 3-8, and Hudds in 8th could still mathematically make the top 4

however unfortunately i just look at the table and am bored and getting nothing from it at all, RL just isnt doing it for me at the minute :(

From a Wigan perspective win all the remaining games and it will be enough to make the top 4 and then who knows

Cas could have a massive influence on the final positionings depending upon how they approach their games - if they want to rest players it could be 4 losses and poor form into play off, or they can keep the foot on the gas and win all games completely justifying their top position this year
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I think that we will be planning for next season after tonight.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Win our remaining three games (it's only Hull, Cas and Wakefield - hoW hard can that be?) and 3rd spot is ours. Lose a game, we could finish 5th.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If it carries on as is the Wakey tie is looking like a 4th place playoff,tasty tasty indeed.