Isa

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SJ

Re: Isa

Post by SJ »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Best I've seen him play for us tonight. Extra points for winding that annoying cockney up.
His play for Williams try was nothing short of world class for me. We don't see it all that often but credit where credit is due
Agree entirely.

To introduce comparisons is churlish and unecessary.
The lad done good and deserves his recognition
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Last season on a facebook group i wrote "i dont know what Willie Isa does,but when hes not there he leaves a Willie Isa sized gap" in the teaam,he aint showy but everu teamneeds a player like him simple as that.

Looking on that tackle on LMS i suspect he will get a match or two's time for reflection shall we say i didnt look good and while the dopey cockney had nothing wrong him(other than shocking hair do) it does look like dangerous contact.
BriH

Post by BriH »

cherry.pie wrote:Earlier in the year I was a bit sceptical about the idea of Willie staying at the club when we could have used the money somewhere else and promoted someone like Wells. However, with Isa playing down the middle he's stronger there than Wells, and than a few of our other 'middles' at the moment too.

Last night showed why Isa is valuable to the club. We were 2 props down (3 if you count Joel Tomkins) and yet we still had a player down the middle who could produce a performance like that.

Sometimes he doesn't do much, but to be honest our props are always inconsistent and rarely play well game after game. That's clearly because of the way we play rather than any issue relating to the players themselves.
Good call :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cherry.pie wrote:Earlier in the year I was a bit sceptical about the idea of Willie staying at the club when we could have used the money somewhere else and promoted someone like Wells. However, with Isa playing down the middle he's stronger there than Wells, and than a few of our other 'middles' at the moment too.

Last night showed why Isa is valuable to the club. We were 2 props down (3 if you count Joel Tomkins) and yet we still had a player down the middle who could produce a performance like that.

Sometimes he doesn't do much, but to be honest our props are always inconsistent and rarely play well game after game. That's clearly because of the way we play rather than any issue relating to the players themselves.
One good game in a sea of mediocrity does not mean he is a valuable player to the club. Where was this value at Wembley and in all bar about two games this season? None existent.

I do recall him having one other good game for us earlier on in the season and I commented as such but since then he has not turned into Sam Panapa MkII and he certainly isn't up to the standard of Cassidy or Hansen.

I know we beat Saints after the disappointing Wembley result and this will have cheered people up but people need to take the cherry & white specs off. One good game does not a good player make. Isa's performance in this game begs the question where has it been all the rest of the season and in particular at Wembley.
ian b

Post by ian b »

i reckon tackling low from the side attacks the joint and ligaments around it because your knee isnt designed to bend that way. But i cant see whats wrong with the tackle from Isa as your there is no stress as he tackled from behind. I could be wrong
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It was only highlighted because of that s#######e off saints ,making a song and a dance about it...... he was soon up and about and only wanted too fight until he realised willie was up for it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
markill

Post by markill »

Isa was lucky not to get sin-binned for that hit on LMS' knees. However you dress it up, it was dangerous contact and could cause injury for a hit that is unnecessary. I wouldn't want to see that hit on one of our players, so just because it's on an annoying gobby Saints player doesn't change my opinion on it. It wasn't horrific, but just like Ellis on Thursday, it was dangerous contact. We got away with one there. The stupid push at the end totally needless at that point, game was won, deserved to get pulled up for it. A bit of niggle can be good, and actually he was good with it for most of that second half, but two moments that weren't good.

His tackle on Walmsley and play for Williams try were great though. I don't know what he's on, but suspect he isn't the best paid player in the squad by a way. If a squad player can contribute match winning moments at crucial times then you have to say they're value for money.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

markill wrote:Isa was lucky not to get sin-binned for that hit on LMS' knees. However you dress it up, it was dangerous contact and could cause injury for a hit that is unnecessary. I wouldn't want to see that hit on one of our players, so just because it's on an annoying gobby Saints player doesn't change my opinion on it. It wasn't horrific, but just like Ellis on Thursday, it was dangerous contact. We got away with one there. The stupid push at the end totally needless at that point, game was won, deserved to get pulled up for it. A bit of niggle can be good, and actually he was good with it for most of that second half, but two moments that weren't good.

His tackle on Walmsley and play for Williams try were great though. I don't know what he's on, but suspect he isn't the best paid player in the squad by a way. If a squad player can contribute match winning moments at crucial times then you have to say they're value for money.
you have seen that tackle of on players, vs leigh at start of the year and it damaged both Budgie and Tierney's knees. nothing was picked up then, but it was a third player going in low at the joint the only difference being the leigh players where twisting afterward to try and do more damage.

i get the feeling that ISA was doing his job with LMS though, he easy to wind up and give away cheap penalties when he his. and the sin binning (Tin foil hat).. although i do not in anyway agree with time wasting in matches, it did come at the perfect time to waste a couple of minutes and let the team catch its breath.(/Tin foil hat)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Didn't look dangerous to me either
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Farrell said he's never seen Isa in that angry mood very often!

Nothing wrong with the tackle there were several instances were the same tackle was used by both sides during the rest of the game without any recourse.

LMS acted as if he'd been injured (footballer reaction) when he saw Isa wasn't being sent off got up & played the rest of the game without any sign of an injury to his leg/s/knees!

Was a scumbag at London & is still a scumbag at Saints.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan