Michael Mcguire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: Michael Mcguire

Post by old hooker »

medlocke wrote:Wouldn't have him back, he's been found out and shown the door, i just don't get all the adoration for a man who left us the first chance he got, also i once asked the question on here 3 or 4 years ago, How much of his success was down to Waney, a much more successful coach ??

None, he has forgotten more than Wane knows.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

old hooker wrote:
medlocke wrote:Wouldn't have him back, he's been found out and shown the door, i just don't get all the adoration for a man who left us the first chance he got, also i once asked the question on here 3 or 4 years ago, How much of his success was down to Waney, a much more successful coach ??

None, he has forgotten more than Wane knows.
Hence his great success in the amazing NRL
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

If Warrington sign him i bet the bookies up the odds on them winning the grand final and they dont often get it wrong.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Won 1 trophy since he left us yet his replacement who isn't fit to lick his boots has won 5 trophies, mmm, i wouldn't call that very successful :eusa16:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:Won 1 trophy since he left us yet his replacement who isn't fit to lick his boots has won 5 trophies, mmm, i wouldn't call that very successful :eusa16:
But what if a player won more than his opposite number would you regard that said player who won less a failure compared to the other over the period of time from when Maguire took us over to today? :wink:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:Won 1 trophy since he left us yet his replacement who isn't fit to lick his boots has won 5 trophies, mmm, i wouldn't call that very successful :eusa16:
But what if a player won more than his opposite number would you regard that said player who won less a failure compared to the other over the period of time from when Maguire took us over to today? :wink:
So by your thinking that makes James Roby far more superior than Mickey Mac seeing as he was a MOS award and Mickey Mac doesn't :cool:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
thegimble wrote:
So by your thinking that makes James Roby far more superior than Mickey Mac seeing as he was a MOS award and Mickey Mac doesn't :cool:
When he had KFC with him he was an exceptional player but his game has not developed from that. He is a good player as is MM but neither are in the class of Newton, KFC.

To be fair Roby has changed SL for ever once he won his MOS rules got changed as most viewed him a long way second that season. If only Trent was English he would have won it. But tbh fair his loss got Richards his.
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

This is quite ironic given a lot of people's views on past players returning ????

Maguire is a good coach and would probably do well at Warrington, he would certainly improve them.

I'm not sure him coming back to Wigan would be a good long term move. That's my opinion.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

If it wasn't for maguire we still wouldn't of won anything till this day for me.
He got the team incredibly fit which speeded them up, he brought a new range of tactics in and he drilled a winning mentality into a team which quite frankly had been in the shadow of saints and Leeds teams for quite a while.
He's a saviour in my eyes.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer123 wrote:This is quite ironic given a lot of people's views on past players returning ????

Maguire is a good coach and would probably do well at Warrington, he would certainly improve them.

I'm not sure him coming back to Wigan would be a good long term move. That's my opinion.
Like when we brought John Monie back for a second time