Vs cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Vs cas

Post by josie andrews »

old hooker wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
old hooker wrote:I keep reading suggestions of Bateman to LF, Faz to LF or MM to loose forward.Surely the logical answer would be to buy a loose forward instead of trying to convert players to positions that they are not cut out for.On the other hand it would cost moneyand that is the hitch with ILs reluctance to spend.
Faz played loose when he was in the academy.
And how long since is that? Tony Clubb played centre for London and England, should we move him too ?
I was making a comment that's all.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Some good points made in this thread.Re training ,Ithought we looked lacking in energy and enthusiasm on Sunday and I think that was the main problem .We are not the only team using wrestling technique.(unfortunately) but perhaps they are being "flogged"too much but I can't agree that we are not fit,but we are too predictable and our style requires a lot of energy down the middle which we didn't seem to have.However we do have the speed on the outside when we get the chance to unleash it.
SJ

Post by SJ »

DaveO wrote:
catman wrote:The biggest factor holding back our young players is the brutal wrestling regime at Orrell. Young players should be trained in the skills of the game in a way that does compromise their physical wellbeing. I've heard numerous reports of the goings on in academy training which are very unsavoury, I've heard about long training sessions without the ball resulting in stitches, injuries etc. Sessions like these are not developing our young players just turning them into injury prone crocks.
It's comments like this that make me wonder if, as several people have suggested, bringing in an attacking coach would make one jot of difference.

The training philosophy of the club is dictated by Wane. Players talk about being "flogged" in training" after a defeat. Wane himself seems to think running the players ragged after a loss is a good idea.

I believe the above two posts are not only significant considerationsself but to my mind underscore our poor performance.
I have every confidence in our young players it's the coaching that sucks. SW and Rads need to be replaced by good Experienced Aussies. The best of the English coaches just try to emulate the Aussies but don't posses the relearn nous.

Can't see the fans putting up with the present regime for next season. How true Dave's observation below
It all sounds very old fashioned and right out of the Alex Murphy coaching manual.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

As regards, flogging training I have been banging on about this all season and how it creates injuries. Our latest two injuries Lockers calf and Budgie hamstring are again, to my frustration, non impact injuries but muscle related. I find the conditioning an absolute joke. Funny enough since Holbrook went in at Saints and changed the regime they have had the same squad available all the time. A coincidence, I think not
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Radlinski a Director and not a coach?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Radlinski a Director and not a coach?
He is but if you look at the club web site his is also listed as "Rugby General Manager" in the "Rugby Department" :-
RUGBY DEPARTMENT

Head Coach - Shaun Wane

Assistant Coach - John Winder

Rugby General Manager - Kris Radlinski

Player Welfare Manager - Steve McCormack

Head of Youth Performance & Reserves Coach - Matty Peet

Scholarship Manager - Steve McCormack

Under 19s Head Coach - Darrell Goulding

Under 19s Assistant Coaches - Martin McLoughlin, Sean O’Loughlin

Under 19s Manager - Barry Taylor

Under 16s Lead Coach – Shane Eccles

Under 16s Assistant Coaches – Sean McHugh and Anthony Atherton

Leadership and Team Building Coach - Archie Taylor

Chief Scout - Jack Roden

Scouts - John Jackson, Tom Bickerton, Michael Roach, Steven Dudley, John Moore
He obviously has a significant input into the actual playing side, presumably recruitment.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ve always thought Rads has more say than Wane on major transfers at least
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:I’ve always thought Rads has more say than Wane on major transfers at least
Well whatever he does he is a senior member of the "Rugby Department" as is Wane and the "Rugby Department" are not delivering.
Hanley the God!

Post by Hanley the God! »

So if Kris Radlinski is responsible for ensuring "high standards of player coaching" then (as this is evidently not happening) it is he who should surely make the recommendation to sack Caveman Wane!!!!!!!!! Or are they old school boy's club pals??????