Cas v Hull FC

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Cas v Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

After hearing the Cas "fans" chanting "C'mon Hull" on Sunday, would the Cas club/team be of the same mind just to spite Wigan Warriors as their hatred for our club is plain to see!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Cas v Hull FC

Post by the pieman »

you would like to think that the club is far more professional than the fans, the fans are still twisted and warped by us staying up when Nobby too charge and that we cheated to do it - something we were not found guilty of. they also subtly forget that they broke the cap the previous year to gain promotion to SL

if you was the Cas club / coaching team who would you prefer to play in the SF, they may feel confident enough to beat any of the possible combinations that are still possible, and you wouldnt blame them given how they have played all season

mathematically still possible that they could play either Hull, Saints, Wigan or Wakey, and i dont think they can afford to play about with throwing a game / resting players as they need to be battle hardened for the following week

so IMO they will go all out to beat Hull, if they win / lose they will be match prepared / ready

all Wigan can do is go out and beat Wakey and beat them well (we can all dream)as i cant see Saints losing - the rest will look after itself. if we make 4th then Cas away - if not we havent deserved to make the top 4 and season over
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If I was Cas I would want to play Wigan at home in the last four. We have been battered by them three times this season, Hull have beaten them comfortably in their most recent clash.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote:you would like to think that the club is far more professional than the fans, the fans are still twisted and warped by us staying up when Nobby too charge and that we cheated to do it - something we were not found guilty of. they also subtly forget that they broke the cap the previous year to gain promotion to SL

if you was the Cas club / coaching team who would you prefer to play in the SF, they may feel confident enough to beat any of the possible combinations that are still possible, and you wouldnt blame them given how they have played all season

mathematically still possible that they could play either Hull, Saints, Wigan or Wakey, and i dont think they can afford to play about with throwing a game / resting players as they need to be battle hardened for the following week

so IMO they will go all out to beat Hull, if they win / lose they will be match prepared / ready

all Wigan can do is go out and beat Wakey and beat them well (we can all dream)as i cant see Saints losing - the rest will look after itself. if we make 4th then Cas away - if not we havent deserved to make the top 4 and season over
They also forget that season they had hardly any players & that several of our younger players were loaned to them to enable them to even put a team out!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

If you've seen the Cas squad for Friday you'll know that the game is up and we're going to get what we deserve given our peformances this year. Hull should have no problem with this one. You can't blame Cas for resting some of their better players before the semi. Cas deserve to win it this year but I can't decide who I'd like them to beat in the final. I'll settle for Leeds because it will mean more to the Cas fans and I don't want Saints to have any chance of winning it.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

southportcdm wrote:If you've seen the Cas squad for Friday you'll know that the game is up and we're going to get what we deserve given our peformances this year. Hull should have no problem with this one. You can't blame Cas for resting some of their better players before the semi. Cas deserve to win it this year but I can't decide who I'd like them to beat in the final. I'll settle for Leeds because it will mean more to the Cas fans and I don't want Saints to have any chance of winning it.
just seen the squad with 6 rested - to be honest they have earned the right to do what they want re resting players and could have done that at any point in the games since the split

personally i dont think we've been good enough but as i put previously if we make it then fair enough but we shouldnt need to rely on favours from other teams - it was in our own hands last week and we royally screwed it up, so could be end of season and good night for this year - which if i am being honest - cant come soon enough for me
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Kelly opens the scoring what a miss Wigan never went after him very hood player
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote:Kelly opens the scoring what a miss Wigan never went after him very hood player
Not Wigan standard according to many on here when i mentioned him last year
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Kelly opens the scoring what a miss Wigan never went after him very hood player
Not Wigan standard according to many on here when i mentioned him last year
Madness isn’t it,yes he has baggage but a joy to watch Hull running away with this one
superleague

Post by superleague »

22-6 to hull, thanks cod munchers saves us the humiliation of going to cas and getting hammered again