Why is this still going on?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Why is this still going on?

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
jasonnlouise wrote:Was it early last season or the season before OLoughlin was out for a while and we started to cope and play well without him,but as soon as he was anywhere near fit Wane put him back in at the time it seemed to knock the team back, I agree we do play better now with him but for me if he hadn't been unnecessarily rushed back the team now would be better equipped to manage without him ,how long has he got left 1 season maybe 2 at a push we need to start grooming somebody now to take over before its too late
Wigan had everyone’s favourite whipping boy Marty Smith leading them round the park and winning many a close game,but he’s crap,useless etc just added that to save everyone time
So good Saints new coach has dropped him. I do not understand the attachment to Smith. He was just symptomatic of the problems mounting at Wigan. He was just average in most games he played for us and for quite some time now we have signed plenty of average players.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
jasonnlouise wrote:Was it early last season or the season before OLoughlin was out for a while and we started to cope and play well without him,but as soon as he was anywhere near fit Wane put him back in at the time it seemed to knock the team back, I agree we do play better now with him but for me if he hadn't been unnecessarily rushed back the team now would be better equipped to manage without him ,how long has he got left 1 season maybe 2 at a push we need to start grooming somebody now to take over before its too late
Wigan had everyone’s favourite whipping boy Marty Smith leading them round the park and winning many a close game,but he’s crap,useless etc just added that to save everyone time
So good Saints new coach has dropped him. I do not understand the attachment to Smith. He was just symptomatic of the problems mounting at Wigan. He was just average in most games he played for us and for quite some time now we have signed plenty of average players.
Better question when did we last sign a good player not counting the ones who returned. Can not think if anyone after Bateman though young was still quality for his age.

Got plenty of project players that improve but when did we get a class player after Bateman.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Frankly I wouldn’t count the returnees either they all have been shadows of their former selves
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Last good buy apart from Bateman?

Blake Green?
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Dave-C wrote:Sack Wane or I'm cancelling the Sky Sports subscription for next year. I am not putting up with the same shite next season!
Now that's what I call protesting!
The Club will lose big money from that?! :lol:
Perhaps not bothering wih Wigan TV would be more effective? :wink:
Meh, it's the only reason I get Sky Sports. And I'll guarantee, now it's season over, that we'll get the same drivel next year. People need to voice their opinions to the club and leave the season tickets by the drove. Also don't bother going to the game tomorrow.

Make a point to the club that you won't be made a mug of. We all know change is needed and no one is listening!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

IL too busy looking for new trunks for the Aus trip
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

The ones that make the most noise on here appear not to go through the turnstiles?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

fozzieskem wrote:IL too busy looking for new trunks for the Aus trip
:lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

Wandering Warrior wrote:The ones that make the most noise on here appear not to go through the turnstiles?
Nah, probably the ones most likely to be mugs keep going through the turnstiles regardless of how they get treated by the club.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I’m one of the mugs!! Ancient’n’Loyal?? Some of you seem to forget that.

I support my club win or lose. Always have done always will as long as I am fit & able!

We can’t win everything every year which is what the majority on here think it’s our divine right to do so!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan