Shattered dreams!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Shattered dreams!

Post by southportcdm »

Well the rumours about a new coach were just that and, although they gave me hope for a couple of days, I'm really gutted now. At least there's a decent match to watch tonight - remember how many fans were laughing about Saints early in the season and what did they do? I suppose there's still time for us to make a change so I'll be hanging onto my season ticket money for some time yet. You can always dream.
Fujiman

Re: Shattered dreams!

Post by Fujiman »

southportcdm wrote:Well the rumours about a new coach were just that and, although they gave me hope for a couple of days, I'm really gutted now. At least there's a decent match to watch tonight - remember how many fans were laughing about Saints early in the season and what did they do? I suppose there's still time for us to make a change so I'll be hanging onto my season ticket money for some time yet. You can always dream.
What do you mean?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Hi Fujiman, if your asking about my last statement I simply meant that although there has been no announcement as predicated today or yesterday, perhaps something could still happen. I'm not looking forward to the same again next season. If you were asking about the saints comment, they had a problem, gambled on a new coach and it worked.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

southportcdm wrote:Well the rumours about a new coach were just that and, although they gave me hope for a couple of days, I'm really gutted now. At least there's a decent match to watch tonight - remember how many fans were laughing about Saints early in the season and what did they do? I suppose there's still time for us to make a change so I'll be hanging onto my season ticket money for some time yet. You can always dream.
Saints were laughable at the start of the year but they've done the right thing, got a new coach ,fresh ideas.
Now we're the laughable team and seem oblivious in what's wrong
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Did you really think SW was leaving?,not an earthly chance, if IL brought a new top coach in he would have to pay out more than Wane gets whom I would think is far from the highest paid coach in SL.Another season of wrestling, dull rugby and excuses when we get beat.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

The difference in saints was obvious, they seem to have reinvented themselves, the defensive pattern they adopted was great, they kept cas to 3 tries in 90 mins, we couldn't keep em to 3 in 10 mins. But the most impressive thing was the structure, everything was at pace and with precision as much as I hate saints, the best team on the night lost, but the best team over the season won.

I just hope our chairman looked at what a change of coach and systems can do, but you have to pick the right coach, the risk is McBannana and the damage he's doing at Catalans
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

With the title of the thread being called shattered dreams I thought it was a thread on 80s pop stars Johnny hates jazz..

But of a disappointment really :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote:With the title of the thread being called shattered dreams I thought it was a thread on 80s pop stars Johnny hates jazz..

But of a disappointment really :D
Same thought earlier on :lol:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

southportcdm wrote:Hi Fujiman, if your asking about my last statement I simply meant that although there has been no announcement as predicated today or yesterday, perhaps something could still happen. I'm not looking forward to the same again next season. If you were asking about the saints comment, they had a problem, gambled on a new coach and it worked.
I read it as though you had heard something :D Chairman doesn't make quick decisions anyway so there's always time for something to happen.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

IL should have a look on RedVee

Saints might of lost last night but there is an overwhelming sense of positivism due to their coach. They all firmly believe they have the right man to entertain them and bring them silverware next season.

Meanwhile wigan fans are distraught at the thought of another Wane led season
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure