Re: grand final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Not the best game but Leeds did everything right, forwards were good, Mcguire excellent.Cas didnt really get off the team coach.Pity really, a new name on the trophy was needed but once again the pretenders never produced on the day.I still think it is a sad day for RL when a player dominates a game by his kicking.We are so like RU now, the most important aspect of a 6 or 7s game is his kicking ability and that is why players like Sneyd, Matty Smith, Finn etc are rated.They have little else in their game and the game I grew up watching is dying before my eyes.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Real shame because with OT packed the atmosphere should have been banging but after the first half the game was a damp squib.

What i cannot get my head round is why Was turned down 2 easy points at the start of the match, they have took 2 all season and in the most important game i cannot fathom why a team in their first grand final would run it instead of getting some points on the board to settle the nerves

Can just didn't turn up, i guess we won't know how much the Zak situation has effected the camp but from being at the game leeds were average, castle ford were atrocious, in fact if i squinted it was like watching Wigan!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian b

Post by ian b »

it was a poor final to a mediocre season and why Castleford played so badly is beyond me
SJ

Post by SJ »

After watching 2 great semi finals I was looking forward to a great Grand Final. I had huge expectations Cas let themselves,their fans and species down. The game was duller than the weather. I didn't feel cheated just disappointed I don't believe the game was scripted It was what it was a poor advert for a game I enjoy.
Maguire deserved his MoM. Best wishes to RB.
Where's the Rum
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The atmospehere leading up to 6pm was supurb,absolutly bouncing by 6.05pm it was pretty much all over really,Cas simply didnt play as we've seen them all season,it was weird one attack that looked like it was going somewhere and you could hear the Leeds fans gasp and then hold their breath,i knew what they were thinking too as lets be fair Cas have played with Wigan like a cat with a ball of string,time and again i expected them to toss the ball out wide,time and again it simply didnt happen and i agree why didnt they take the 2 when offered?

Lets be fair we all dislike Danny Mcguire but also lets acknowledge hes a class player,i think he should be like Burrows and hang up his boots rather than play on,either way Leeds will miss him and the ever excellent Burrows,but yesterday Mcguire was excellent,granted Cas didnt seem to put him under too much pressure but he orchestrated the game to a T,Parcell again had another solid game always about and always classy in what he did,an 80 min hooker whatever next..

It was'nt a good final in the end too one sided after the sei finals its a shame but there you go for me Cas still the team of the season but Leeds worth their win,entertaining in a less showy way.

Over to you Wigan.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Like i said a few week back, It had 2015 written all over it, what better way than a fairy tale ending to McGuire and Stumpies careers
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

BetFred have released odds for SL Grand Final for 2018!

Castleford are favourites at 7/2!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It could be any of the top 4 unless Leeds are having a couple of players retiring again :exc: The RFL love to see their boys retire in style :angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cas played the best RL by a mile all season and then the wheels came off.

I always felt if Hull had got to GF they had a chance as they seemed to know how to play Cas but I didn't think Leeds would win and by that margin.

With the news of Hardaker failing a drugs test and testing positive for Cocaine I'd imagine the effect on the Cas camp was huge. A camp going from seemingly totally in tune with each other, enjoying playing the game and then that cloud gets cast over it.

I don't think you can underestimate the effect it will have had. If Hardaker ever sets foot in Castleford again he is a braver man than I.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:Cas played the best RL by a mile all season and then the wheels came off.

I always felt if Hull had got to GF they had a chance as they seemed to know how to play Cas but I didn't think Leeds would win and by that margin.

With the news of Hardaker failing a drugs test and testing positive for Cocaine I'd imagine the effect on the Cas camp was huge. A camp going from seemingly totally in tune with each other, enjoying playing the game and then that cloud gets cast over it.

I don't think you can underestimate the effect it will have had. If Hardaker ever sets foot in Castleford again he is a braver man than I.
I bet Saints are wishing the announcement had come a week sooner!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards