Re: grand final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
DaveO wrote:Cas played the best RL by a mile all season and then the wheels came off.

I always felt if Hull had got to GF they had a chance as they seemed to know how to play Cas but I didn't think Leeds would win and by that margin.

With the news of Hardaker failing a drugs test and testing positive for Cocaine I'd imagine the effect on the Cas camp was huge. A camp going from seemingly totally in tune with each other, enjoying playing the game and then that cloud gets cast over it.

I don't think you can underestimate the effect it will have had. If Hardaker ever sets foot in Castleford again he is a braver man than I.
I bet Saints are wishing the announcement had come a week sooner!
Takes the shine off Castleford's whole season and more than one club will wonder how well they would have done v Case minus one of their best players. I
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am sure the Cas fans were not to upset on Saturday after not winning the CC or GF because they played great rugby all year! :doz:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
moto748

Post by moto748 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I am sure the Cas fans were not to upset on Saturday after not winning the CC or GF because they played great rugby all year! :doz:
I'm sure they are gutted. Nevertheless, they will no doubt be looking forward to next season with confidence. Can we say the same?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I am sure the Cas fans were not to upset on Saturday after not winning the CC or GF because they played great rugby all year! :doz:
I was waiting for this

Cas lost at the GF because they didnt play like they had all year if they had they would of won. If i was a cas fan id be dying to watch the team again next year

I bet they are a whole lot happier than the wigan fans that played terrible rugby all year and didnt win the GF or the CC
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

The best team in any league or any sport is the one that wins that particular league over a series of games against various strengths of opposition ( NOT an end of season cup competition )
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

TrueBlueWarrior

moto748 wrote:
I'm sure they are gutted. Nevertheless, they will no doubt be looking forward to next season with confidence. Can we say the same?
To play amazing rugby and bottle it again when it matters? Bet they can hardly contain themselves!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
I was waiting for this

Cas lost at the GF because they didnt play like they had all year if they had they would of won. If i was a cas fan id be dying to watch the team again next year

I bet they are a whole lot happier than the wigan fans that played terrible rugby all year and didnt win the GF or the CC
Not the point, it's all about entertainment remember and its just as important as winning things, the Cas fans looked entertained Saturday!!

They would swap their entertaining rugby all year to be a Leeds fan and watch their team win the GF in a heartbeat, to suggest otherwise is ludicrous!!
Wigan_forever1985

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
I was waiting for this

Not the point, it's all about entertainment remember and its just as important as winning things, the Cas fans looked entertained Saturday!!

They would swap their entertaining rugby all year to be a Leeds fan and watch their team win the GF in a heartbeat, to suggest otherwise is ludicrous!!
But playing entertaining and winning are not mutually exclusive concepts you can do both!

Cas were terrible at the GF had they played the way they played all year they would have won, Leeds were bang average on the night.

The way you talk you may as well not watch a single game of rugby except the challenge cup final and the grand final, because they are the only games that matter as there is a trophy on off

Dont forget Cas won the LLS which is the only trophy that actually should have any credibility
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: I was waiting for this

But playing entertaining and winning are not mutually exclusive concepts you can do both!

Cas were terrible at the GF had they played the way they played all year they would have won, Leeds were bang average on the night.

The way you talk you may as well not watch a single game of rugby except the challenge cup final and the grand final, because they are the only games that matter as there is a trophy on off

Dont forget Cas won the LLS which is the only trophy that actually should have any credibility
Show me where I have said you cannot do this? I have actually said in an ideal world and very few teams achieve this but entertaining and winning the trophies is the pinnacle!

Remember this is elite level RL apparently and winning is EVERYTHING, if you can entertain at the same time then fantastic!

Like I have always said ask the Chairman, Coach, Staff, Players and Fans would they sacrifice their entertainment value for a GF win like Leeds, the answer is YES, in a heartbeat, again it is Elite level sport not a circus!

As for the LLS I totally agree with you but sadly for Cas no one cares about it and no one remembers the winners!!
Wigan_forever1985

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Show me where I have said you cannot do this? I have actually said in an ideal world and very few teams achieve this but entertaining and winning the trophies is the pinnacle!

Remember this is elite level RL apparently and winning is EVERYTHING, if you can entertain at the same time then fantastic!

Like I have always said ask the Chairman, Coach, Staff, Players and Fans would they sacrifice their entertainment value for a GF win like Leeds, the answer is YES, in a heartbeat, again it is Elite level sport not a circus!

As for the LLS I totally agree with you but sadly for Cas no one cares about it and no one remembers the winners!!
I think you'll find a team that plays completely drab boring and poor to watch versions of any sport will not go down well with fans which in turn will reduce tickets, which in turn will reduce income, which in turn will reduce wages, which in turn will reduce player quailty which in turn will reduce quality more - you see where i am going

Sport is about winning for the players of that sport, but the fans need more than that and to suggest otherwise is bonkers! The dictionary defintion of sport is;
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
Put it an easier way, imagine you had a boxer who had a punch so devastating that he only had to hit a guy once didnt matter who he was against he knocked them out. Now imagine after 30 fights, how many fans do you think would come see this "winning" boxer shelling out £30 a ticket to watch 10 seconds of action. By your logic he is doing everything asked of him by sport law to win.

I am a big support in winning being the thing that matters and if i play a sport i play to win by any means however people arent paying to see me play sport. Sport is about entertainment as much as it is about winning.

Another scenario

Magically genie says to two sets of supports

Team A - your team will play attractive fast free flowing rugby all season you will see epic tries and bravery beyond belief. However in the final game of the season you will come up short

Team B - you will play appalling rugby all season, you will drag games out grinding them without ever creating drama. You will lose far more games than you win and the ones you win you will scrape through. However you will stringa few results together right at the death of the season scrape through and win the last game of the season in unspectacular fashion

Now which set of fans buy a season ticket and which buy a ticket to old trafford?