Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Gareth Hock

Post by ChrisA »

I just listened to an interview with Millward, he was saying how we miss Gareth Hock amongst others, he says Hock is an immense talent, and he cant believe the size of Hock at the moment, he says hes huge and he cant wait to unleash him next season. Sounds like hes been bulking up whilst recovering. I liked Millwards view on him, and its good to hear he is bulking up, so it looks like he will get a new contract next season. This is very good news to me, as I rate Hock very highly.
jackman88

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by jackman88 »

It's good to hear someone getting behind our young talent. We've got so many good young players which in demonstrated by the fact both our under 21's and under 18's have 100% records that we should in the next 2 years or so have one of the best teams in superleague. Players like hock, o'loughlin, tickle and hansen will all be highest grade fowards and in the younger divisions gleeson, coyle, colbon and ashton all look like they have the ability to become world class backs. I think that with millward as coach we could soon see these players reach their full potential and allow wigan to become the force they once were.
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

i think hock could shine under millward. He is a strong running forward who just lacks a few offloading and ball handling skills, there was just a few times when he should have given the ball and didnt. I do think he will blossom into one of our stars. The way millward made good forwards out of average players at saints shows what milly can do and i would rate hock as better than a average player. Just hope he comes back fit and well.
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:
I just listened to an interview with Millward, he was saying how we miss Gareth Hock amongst others, he says Hock is an immense talent, and he cant believe the size of Hock at the moment, he says hes huge and he cant wait to unleash him next season.
It is good to hear some positive news about Hock especially form the coach. It is a serious injury he has suffered and one that could have put his career in RL never mind his career at Wigan in doubt. If IM is coming out with this sort of statement it suggests to me things are going well with the injury.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:) nice to here hes doing well,was getting a little worried about him.ive not seen him hanging around like lockers.Not seen him in players lounge or at matches but nice to know basil is keeping a watchfull eye on him :roll:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Louise

Post by Louise »

He went to watch the U21's against Bradford the other week.
He didn't look any bigger to me.
He was walking ok.
http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk

St pat's Australian tour 2007 sponsors needed........

http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk/
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

JIMH posted:
i think hock could shine under millward. He is a strong running forward who just lacks a few offloading and ball handling skills, there was just a few times when he should have given the ball and didnt. I do think he will blossom into one of our stars. The way millward made good forwards out of average players at saints shows what milly can do and i would rate hock as better than a average player. Just hope he comes back fit and well.
I think his offload and ball skills are some of his strong points already, hes a very good alround player, he runs very strong and hes about the best player we have for hitting gaps. Even though he was lean to begin with, he has alot of natural strength anyway, you dont want people like that to bulk up to much because it slows them down.

I agree that he could and will shine under Millward, he promotes the type of play that Hock likes to play anyway, if we can sign a top class prop we will have a very good pack next season, i would like to see Fletcher played in his prefared position in the second row with Hock, and Lockers at loose, the only problem with that is Tickle and his goal kicking, maybe Pat Richards will solve that problem though.