Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Post by No straw damn us »

Fans appear to ignoring the fact that for all but about twenty years we have had the champions decided by a play off system.
If we had first past the post this year the game would have been dead from about July.
Please don't use the Premiership play off as a yardstick as the attendances for those top 16 and even final were very poorly attended in comparison to the Superleague playoffs.
The top five system to me seemed the right balance as it rewarded the top finishing side by giving them the best chance of reaching the final.
pedro

Post by pedro »

eccywarrior wrote:Ive not bought a season ticket for about 5 years now and its simply because of the way sl is nowadays. The regular season games are meaningless and it doesn't matter how you play weather you win or lose as long you are in top 8 close to top 4 and yet you can still win it.. look at cas they was far best team in league but all they got was a wheeltrim joke of a trophy. Fans can slag wane off all they want but to me its frustration because the sport is on its arse and has been for years. I believe if we went back to finish top your champions i think the standard of play will be a lot better and will attract new fans to game.
were the same, stopped buying one when leeds won it from 5th
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

No straw damn us wrote: If we had first past the post this year the game would have been dead from about July.
not necessarily

i buy into the arguement that teams arent trying all season, because there is no relevance to winning the league

go back to when Noble was coach and he was obsessed with how we finished the season and in a way was open to a point of saying that, but never delivered when it mattered

year on year we get 1 team that puts all into finishing top, whilst the others are happy to let them do it. Wire under TS, Wigan under SW 1st season, Cas this year and so on

what has SL delivered, Bradford, Saints, Leeds and Wigan as champions, and now 1 of them is is the doldrums

can you seriously see anyone else winning it next year outside of Wigan, Saint and Leeds because i cant, and thats not being arrogant, just realistic that one of those 3 will step up to the plate when it matters and deliver a performance(s) to win the main prize
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't think Cas are out of the running to join the big boys.