Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dave-C

Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Post by Dave-C »

Well, its all been said.

We know the problems, we know what needs doing, we've said it year after year after year.

And yet still no change!

Cannot seriously understand any paying fan who could stomach the same for next year. Theres being a fan, and then theres being a plain mug. At the end of the day you'd be lining the pockets of these idiots for supplying nothing but boring entertainment in a dying sport.

Im not a troll on here but signing off as due to the recent admission of no change for next year, I wont be watching it or paying for it. The sport as a whole is run by complete idiots (RFL) who haven't got a clue how to run a business, advertise it or ensure it is properly funded and attracts viewers.

I have seen nothing but dire circumstances in a sport which used to be great. Not just because we were winning but because of the entertainment value, the family value, the loyalty. But the way the club is now mugging off and treating the fans, that loyalty will soon diminish, as will their season ticket sales.

First Try Tickle

Re: Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think the speech by Lenagan was a shocker, the bad things totally outnumbered the good, but he then says they are happy with everything so no changes.

But I've been watching Wigan for 40+ years and even though I would like to make a stand, I'll still be there week in week out supported the team I love.

What else would I do on a Friday night, watch the clowns on Sky ??
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

might be considered a Happy Clapper but i will be buying my season ticket and attending games as i think (in my opinion) trying to finicially cripple the club to make a point is a counter productive action and i would try a persuade anyone i talk to IRL who has the same opinion as you to try oher avenues such as fans forums and writing to the chairman first!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I will not be buying a season ticket but will attend what will appear to be the more attractive games.I am of the opinion that fans are being taken for mugs and because Wigan fans are among the most loyal anywhere, IL is aware of this and will get the last penny from them before he has to do something about it.It is not for me to tell people how to spend their money but IL is richer than me and I will not keep throwing away good money after bad watching below par yet over rated players dish up the rubbish we have seen this season.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I will be renewing, but at the last possible moment in the hope that slow sales may prompt action. The thing that annoys me more than anything is watching week after week of reserve teams. If I could work out how to do this, I would wait until the squad was announced before buying tickets, though even there they are likely to do their name them but don't play them trick.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Come back about 11pm Dave C, my eyes will shut more readily then and you've a better chance of getting a yawn!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Despite a poor season etc I am renewing my three.
I do think we will bring in an attacking coach and that the style of rugby will improve.
We always make a signing or three during the close season which will create interest.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't even think of not renewing.
I'm one of those who was at Wembley in 1965 and then had to wait another 20 years for another C Cup final win. One poor season therefore doesn't even make me consider not renewing.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

I gave my season ticket back last year and i will now pick and choose what games i go to , but i will say this the support away from home is far better than at home.

I will never stop watching Wigan Rugby League club because its in my blood
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I won't be on my own when I say I can remember second division rugby!?!
I can't knock anybody that doesn't want to get an ST, if I stop I'll get out of the habit and I'm not ready for that yet.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I won't be on my own when I say I can remember second division rugby!?!
I can't knock anybody that doesn't want to get an ST, if I stop I'll get out of the habit and I'm not ready for that yet.
Oh for the days of Jimmy Hornby, Ness Flowers, Jinkin Jimmy Fairhurst, Steve Brehney, Terry Hollingsworth, Billy Melling etc etc.
I wonder what this messageboard would have been like then.
Many on here wouldn't know a good team, or a bad one for that matter if they were stood alongside them.