Leigh pull off coup with signing of New Zealand Warriors forward Bodene Thompson

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Leigh pull off coup with signing of New Zealand Warriors forward Bodene Thompson

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Re: Leigh pull off coup with signing of New Zealand Warriors forward Bodene Thompson

Post by old hooker »

He is an excellent back row forward, at least Leigh are showing some desire to improve and give fans something to look forward to. We seem to have no intentions of doing anything to improve on a dire season.
Firestarter

Re: Leigh pull off coup with signing of New Zealand Warriors forward...

Post by Firestarter »

I dont believe for one second that leigh are under the salary cap with all there signings
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Leigh pull off coup with signing of New Zealand Warriors forward Bodene Thompson

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

old hooker wrote:
He is an excellent back row forward, at least Leigh are showing some desire to improve and give fans something to look forward to. We seem to have no intentions of doing anything to improve on a dire season.
He's not as good as Bateman or Faz.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, that's arguable. But he's a very good player, no doubt about that.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Matter of opinion, I think he is.
fozzieskem

Re: Leigh pull off coup with signing of New Zealand Warriors forward...

Post by fozzieskem »

Fawdoffshed wrote:If Bateman had been fit all season, it is of my opinion he would have been seriously in the running for The Steve Prescott Man of Steel.

I have used the full title out of respect for one of the toughest, humble and nicest human beings you could ever know. A fantastic example to everyone.

Sorry for going off topic a tad.
Honestly I thought Bateman was average when he came back, who knows if he'd have played all season long if his form would have improved, that said he was still better than most of the first teamers I'll grant you, just nowhere near his own high standards of seasons past.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

oldhooker wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
old hooker wrote: He is an excellent back row forward, at least Leigh are showing some desire to improve and give fans something to look forward to. We seem to have no intentions of doing anything to improve on a dire season.
Matter of opinion, I think he is.
Fair enough we'll agree to disagree.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards