Luke Gale?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Luke Gale?

Post by moto748 »

Perspective, here: that 'stinker' that Gale had in the GF, that's about how Tommy has been playing all season.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I can't think of any reason why Cas or Gale would want this move but I'd be over the moon if it happened. I assume we can't offer him (much) more money than he's already on due to our salary cap restrictions and why would he leave a coach who has helped develop his game for one who'd restrict his style of play? Anyone who thinks that Gale wouldn't be a huge improvement for us at 7 hasn't been watching the same team as me these past few seasons (or perhaps we just watch in different ways). If we have to do a swap plus money, get it done please.
Wes

Post by Wes »

moto748 wrote:Perspective, here: that 'stinker' that Gale had in the GF, that's about how Tommy has been playing all season.
True however Gale didn’t just play bad in the GF he had a shocker he also had a shocker against Saints the week before which they where very lucky to win he also had a shocker in the cup when they lost he was also sub par for England last year I remember one game where we where getting hammered bennet took him off at HT for Williams and within 15 minutes George scored and set 2 up!

Gale doesn’t turn up in big games and I’m quite happy to eat my words if he has a good World Cup but I don’t think he will!

As for Snead he is by far better he runs the show come what may regardless of the occasion.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

For those slagging Gale off is this due getting the half spot with Widdop? Gale had an emergency appendix op and was more than likely not even fit for the Saints game of the final.

Whilst Gale had a bad 2 last season games Williams and TL have been bad most of the season. I forgot Williams was injured for most of it if you believe some on here.

And I do not think we will get Gale why would he drop down to us.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Your first paragraph sums it up nicely.
He would be better at home in my opinion given his op.
The recovery time normally is about a month for an appendix and he was up and playing after a fortnight. I'll agree that he's a fit bloke and would recover quicker than most, but to give his body a pounding again?!
Wane would ruin him if he doesn't do it himself! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

rumours from a few saints fans is we are re signing matty smith
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

stevo38 wrote:rumours from a few saints fans is we are re signing matty smith
Even Wane isnt that stupid
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
Well, I'' give Matty Smith his due. He wore the cherry and white with utmost pride and was never less than one hundred per cent.

An excellent player.
If they gave me the chance id wear the shirt with pride but it wouldnt make me an excellent player.He was shite,still is shite,cant get into an average saints side regularly and we certainly dont want him back
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:
Well, I'' give Matty Smith his due. He wore the cherry and white with utmost pride and was never less than one hundred per cent.

An excellent player.
If they gave me the chance id wear the shirt with pride but it wouldnt make me an excellent player.He was shite,still is shite,cant get into an average saints side regularly and we certainly dont want him back
yet we missed what he offered this year and Won alot of games down to his Drop goals.

best half nowhere near but deserve more respect and credit than a bunch of fickle fans on here give him.

no its wanes style restricting him for Smith ecause he was the scapegoat!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Luke Gale chokes again on the big stage!

He is simply not good enough.