Community Activity

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Seinfeld79

Community Activity

Post by Seinfeld79 »

I notice that the club has been busy with various elements of community activity over the last couple of days. This is a great initiative and very pleasing to see, well done to all involved.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Community Activity

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
Seinfeld79 wrote:I notice that the club has been busy with various elements of community activity over the last couple of days. This is a great initiative and very pleasing to see, well done to all involved.
Yes, it is good to see. However, I think it might have something to do with falling season ticket sales, or am I being cynical?
Even if it is its a good way to get some good PR and i think the club should be applauded for the effort.

To be fair i think Wane has always made sure that the lads give back to the community from hospital visits to other activity, one thing no one could ever question about Wane is his commitment to Wigan and the Town in general.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I feel there's been a detachment between the players and fans since midway through last season when the lads stopped coming over at the end of the game to fans, one thing you could never accuse them of was being scant on time at the end of a game till then so to see them getting a good chunk of PR while trying to reconnect to the fanbase is good to see.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors take time out from training for 'community blitz'

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8881697
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
Seinfeld79 wrote:I notice that the club has been busy with various elements of community activity over the last couple of days. This is a great initiative and very pleasing to see, well done to all involved.
Yes, it is good to see. However, I think it might have something to do with falling season ticket sales, or am I being cynical?
Why would someone buy a season ticket because the players are doing community work?
Didn't Wigan win "Community Club of the Year" at the Man of Steel awards night?