McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: McIllorum

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Has Sam Powell ever been anywhere near selection for either England or the Dream team.

He did a great job covering for MM in the season MM got injured but that was it he did a great job considering - not a great job moving forward.

He is was a good makeshift hooker, he is not a good full time hooker.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

acwrlfc wrote:At my age I don't have favourite players I just have opinions on players and I d like to think after years of watching I have a pretty fair judgement.

I am sure Mcllorum next season could do 80 mins but Wane generally wants two hookers one of the bench, it was only when Mac was unavailable that Powell played 80 mins.

So if he goes, do you think Powell will do 80 mins, my bet is he wont even start, that will be TL.

I stand by what I said, please apart from effort tell me what he actually brings
I thought you where another poster when i posted that, wasn't meaning to cause offence if i did, you are probably right on the TL crack, I think Powell showed what he is capable of in 2016, fair enough he is no Roby, Piggy Riddel or Martin Hall but he is nowhere near as bad as many make out, all MM has going for him is his so called toughness and he tackles hard but how many times does he miss these tackles and how many result in penalties, i think given time in the position Powell could become a decent long term 9
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:I am fuming at this. Why does it have to be him who leaves. He is under contract and doesn't want to leave but he is going, something doesn't seem right to me

Let Powell go first , maybe not cos not would want him. TL has maybe one more season lft in him but Mac has 5/6 left.

Also last year we extended ISa s contract by another year when we have got a bundle of back rowers, using some of the CAP.

Why sign an untried Aussie, no matter how little he is on, he is still taking something.

Are the club pushing him out? to balance the books. If so, its a disgrace when they are nerous\plenty of players in this squad who offer far less.

Looking forward to Powell\TL at hooker next year to bolster our already power puff pack. What does Powell actually offer.

The Club, mainly KR\IL\SW , really need to come out and explain any stratergies they may have for this club, because at the moment we are boucing from one disaster to another and seemingly without direction.

I have not renewed for next season and this has cemented my decsion, i will pick and chose.

All the hot air spouted at the end of season dinner looks very hollow now. New assistant coach, new signings etc.

All we hear now is how good training is, the lads are this and that, bollocks. Another pointless 4 days in Wales, if they are not bonded now there is something wrong, and more wrestling.

So from the season finishing our coach has come up with a different pre season plan to make us better, doesnt sound like it to me.

Bateman next to go?
80 minutes a game, freeing up a much needed space on the bench, sounds like you are more gutted because he is your favourite player rather than how important he is to the team, which, if you think about it, he isn't or the club wouldn't be leeting him go, if true :roll:
why dont we get rid of joel tomkins.....hes the one player that shouldnt be in our present squad...... ide be gutted if mac left..... especially as hes now fully fit and has chance too prove himself
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Fan4Fifty wrote:Pretty much agree with every sentiment from acwrlfc. If this is true, it's an appalling reflection on our Club especially if MM doesn't want to go. I look forward to reading the "justification" from the management group. I've gone from being disappointed to being really angry and hacked off by the way the club is being run and fans kept in the dark. All they want to talk about is a jaunt to Wollongong. No disrespect to Sam Powell, a hard-working but seriously limited pro, but if anyone thinks he is a Wigan quality hooker or half-back, then I'm on the wrong rugby planet!!
im 100% with this.....i cant really add anything
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote:
medlocke wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:I am fuming at this. Why does it have to be him who leaves. He is under contract and doesn't want to leave but he is going, something doesn't seem right to me

Let Powell go first , maybe not cos not would want him. TL has maybe one more season lft in him but Mac has 5/6 left.

Also last year we extended ISa s contract by another year when we have got a bundle of back rowers, using some of the CAP.

Why sign an untried Aussie, no matter how little he is on, he is still taking something.

Are the club pushing him out? to balance the books. If so, its a disgrace when they are nerous\plenty of players in this squad who offer far less.

Looking forward to Powell\TL at hooker next year to bolster our already power puff pack. What does Powell actually offer.

The Club, mainly KR\IL\SW , really need to come out and explain any stratergies they may have for this club, because at the moment we are boucing from one disaster to another and seemingly without direction.

I have not renewed for next season and this has cemented my decsion, i will pick and chose.

All the hot air spouted at the end of season dinner looks very hollow now. New assistant coach, new signings etc.

All we hear now is how good training is, the lads are this and that, bollocks. Another pointless 4 days in Wales, if they are not bonded now there is something wrong, and more wrestling.

So from the season finishing our coach has come up with a different pre season plan to make us better, doesnt sound like it to me.

Bateman next to go?
80 minutes a game, freeing up a much needed space on the bench, sounds like you are more gutted because he is your favourite player rather than how important he is to the team, which, if you think about it, he isn't or the club wouldn't be leeting him go, if true :roll:
why dont we get rid of joel tomkins.....hes the one player that shouldnt be in our present squad...... ide be gutted if mac left..... especially as hes now fully fit and has chance too prove himself
I'd go far that, Joel is a complete waste of time in this sqaud, should never have been brought back
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
medlocke wrote:80 minutes a game, freeing up a much needed space on the bench, sounds like you are more gutted because he is your favourite player rather than how important he is to the team, which, if you think about it, he isn't or the club wouldn't be leeting him go, if true :roll:
I'd go far that, Joel is a complete waste of time in this sqaud, should never have been brought back
ive never rated him too be totally honest
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Can't disagree with any of that.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:At my age I don't have favourite players I just have opinions on players and I d like to think after years of watching I have a pretty fair judgement.

I am sure Mcllorum next season could do 80 mins but Wane generally wants two hookers one of the bench, it was only when Mac was unavailable that Powell played 80 mins.

So if he goes, do you think Powell will do 80 mins, my bet is he wont even start, that will be TL.

I stand by what I said, please apart from effort tell me what he actually brings
I thought you where another poster when i posted that, wasn't meaning to cause offence if i did, you are probably right on the TL crack, I think Powell showed what he is capable of in 2016, fair enough he is no Roby, Piggy Riddel or Martin Hall but he is nowhere near as bad as many make out, all MM has going for him is his so called toughness and he tackles hard but how many times does he miss these tackles and how many result in penalties, i think given time in the position Powell could become a decent long term 9
Me by any chance?

Unlike you meds I have one name, TBW, that’s all!

As for this situation if we lose MM we will become weaker than we already are, surely we should be trying to get stronger, not weaker, that’s all I will say!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:

Me by any chance?

Unlike you meds I have one name, TBW, that’s all!

As for this situation if we lose MM we will become weaker than we already are, surely we should be trying to get stronger, not weaker, that’s all I will say!
No not you, another with a similar looking name, get over yourself :lol: , as for the names that has been explained in the past, let it go, and what if we are making the team stronger by releasing him to sign a better player ?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’d let MM go if it was a there decent signing coming in