McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
First Try Tickle

Re: Canberra Raiders coach wants MM to replace injured Josh Hodgson!

Post by First Try Tickle »

I really think if Mickey goes then Wane will give the number 9 shirt to Sam Powell and have Ganson as his interchange.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

First Try Tickle wrote:I really think if Mickey goes then Wane will give the number 9 shirt to Sam Powell and have Ganson as his interchange.
That was my initial thought and certainly the wigan way of doing things.

However Tommy is still on the playing books and i cant see him being a 7 if there is a vacancy at 9
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:I really think if Mickey goes then Wane will give the number 9 shirt to Sam Powell and have Ganson as his interchange.

However Tommy is still on the playing books and i cant see him being a 7 if there is a vacancy at 9
But that would mean Wane admitting he was wrong playing Tommy at 7 last season.

And it also means he can give his favourite player the number 9 shirt on Christmas morning.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: McIllorum

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:He was rubbish last year. The team worked better with Powell for 80 minutes. That may have been because of the injury, of course, but he was rubbish even for the brief periods he was on the pitch.
He looked sharper for Ireland, and has done enough for us over the years to deserve to choose what he does next.
On last year's form though we would cope fine without him.
....going off that statement we would have no team!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

But that would mean Wane admitting he was wrong playing Tommy at 7 last season.

And it also means he can give his favourite player the number 9 shirt on Christmas morning.
Where have you got that Sam Powell is Wane’s favourite player??

If anything McIllorum is the coaches favourite, he helped to turn Mickey round from being a hooligan on & off the field & even had him living with him for a period of time!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Moved to the Rumour Mill as it is a topic already running on here ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I, for one will be disappointed if we let him go, how can he be good enough for the NRL but not for us.

Would Powell get a gig in the NRL , NO.

I, keep mentioning the top teams hooking options Parcell\Dwyer, Clark, Roby, Houghton Mcshane etc and we would be left with bang average Powell and a past it Tommyy.

Come on lets get realistic, it could be another backward step from the Club.

SO INSTEAD OF ALL THESE SIGNINGS WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR WE ARE NOW SELLING
Wes

Post by Wes »

acwrlfc wrote:I, for one will be disappointed if we let him go, how can he be good enough for the NRL but not for us.

Would Powell get a gig in the NRL , NO.

I, keep mentioning the top teams hooking options Parcell\Dwyer, Clark, Roby, Houghton Mcshane etc and we would be left with bang average Powell and a past it Tommyy.

Come on lets get realistic, it could be another backward step from the Club.

SO INSTEAD OF ALL THESE SIGNINGS WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR WE ARE NOW SELLING
I think we’d have to sell to bring in or settle for next season with what we have.

acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Maybe we need to sell, but selling our best option in a pivotal position does not seem like a good move to me.

acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Also what I cant understand why is it our players being looked at , he has signed a new contract. Why not for example Clark at Warrington. Have the club touted him to be available.

I realise he had a good world cup but surely he would have been known along with others in Aus