Reality Check

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Reality Check

Post by ChrisA »

Ok, finally we have got the good hiding that our pathetic performances have deserved, so many players in that team need to go home and look in the mirror and say, do I really want to wear that Wigan shirt and do it with pride.

We were outplayed in every single aspect of the game, and tonight just highlights how bad we really are at the moment.

We are to small, to slow, un-organised, and lacking in any real quality.

People keep going on about our young guys, if they where good enough I would agree that the future is bright, even if the presnt isnt, but the only 2 young players that really are good enough are both out injured for the season, none of the youngsters or so called youngsters from that team tonight and previous weeks have shown anything at all to make me think they are really Wigan standard, I dont include Coyle in that as it was his first game, but the rest are there through desperation, and not through them earning their place, if we had a decent squad, none of those would get a look in at all.

Aspinwall, Wild, Hansen, Allen, Beswick and a few others are not good enough, I will get plenty of arguements, but I wont be blinded by the fact they are homegrown talent, like I say if they impressed in anyway I would say they are good enough, but they havnt.
Forget about injuries for a minute, forget about Farrel and Davico and Rads, these guys are the guys who are wearing a Wigan jersey, sooner or later they need to step up and show they are good enough to have a future at Wigan, because upto now they havnt. They struggle doing even the most basic things well, forget about playing any great attacking rugby, we cant even hold the ball for 6 tackles half of the time, and in defence we give away to many penalties every single game.

As for Wild tonight, if I was Millward I would have dragged him off after his pathetic attempt to tackle Walker and told him to find a new club, and to make it worse he carried on with his patta-cake attempts all game.

All credit to Leeds though, they played some great rugby, but we didnt exactly make it hard for them did we.
The Black Pearl

Re: Reality Check

Post by The Black Pearl »

Chris perfectly put I totally agree.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

well said chris , i would have dragged carney off too.
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Are you all totally embarrassed about the game. I was at my Dads and a Widnes fan was texting him and was taking the P*SS I think the other teams smell blood. Someone please reassure me we will stay up?
Pain is temporary pride is forever
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

The Black Pearl posted:
Are you all totally embarrassed about the game. I was at my Dads and a Widnes fan was texting him and was taking the P*SS I think the other teams smell blood. Someone please reassure me we will stay up?
if we can get away without any more injuries and get players back we might just do it, if not i,m starting to be afraid
GazzL82

Post by GazzL82 »

Someone please reassure me we will stay up?
i'd love to but right now i'm as scared as i've ever been! as u say the other teams r gonna b smelling blood & they'd love 2put one over the "mighty" wigan!

the problem with the players we've got right now is that even if they're not up to the task the rest of the squad are not good enough to seriously push them for a place! our chances of attracting any top tier players are decreasing every single time we take the field cos who's gonna want to play 4us!?

we're stuck in a horrible vicious cycle!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

We need to beat the 4 teams below us, its in our hands. We have Leigh away and, Salford and Wakey at home, and Widnes away. Win need to win at least 3 of them and we will be ok, beacuse the way we are playing we wont beat anybody above us.
superleague

Post by superleague »

On the commentery 2nite phil clarke said the wigan players must not have the ability to play in superleague and i have to agree (sadly) we r not a scratch on the team of last year.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GazzL82 posted:
Someone please reassure me we will stay up?
i'd love to but right now i'm as scared as i've ever been! as u say the other teams r gonna b smelling blood & they'd love 2put one over the "mighty" wigan!

the problem with the players we've got right now is that even if they're not up to the task the rest of the squad are not good enough to seriously push them for a place! our chances of attracting any top tier players are decreasing every single time we take the field cos who's gonna want to play 4us!?

we're stuck in a horrible vicious cycle!
For the last month ive said we could go but some here think we will be top 6.

2 games we must win Leigh and Widness and we should be ok. But if Leigh and i feel theyll win if we do not perform in 2 weeks time. We should not risk any players who is not fully fit next weekend and go to Leigh with as many as possible fit players. That is the day we must win its out biggest game since the last GF.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I don't think its just the players we've offloaded that we're missing. We lack direction and everything and to be honest i think we're missing hock and o'loughlin, two players who give so much but it may not be totally realised until we dont have them. I'm not saying we'd have won every game this season with them two back, but we'd at least be in with a fighting chance of winning games.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3