Warriors Sign Sarginson WIGAN RE-SIGN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL DAN SARGINSON

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Warriors Sign Sarginson WIGAN RE-SIGN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL DAN SARGINSON

Post by pedro »

since rads come I dont think weve made a good signing
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Enough said already!!!!! I'm just going to hang my head :sad: and say doh!!! :eusa4:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

We need some excitement at this club, like we use to have. We use to be the club that made a big signing or played an exciting expansive game of rugby.
The club really has got dull.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but to me the allowing of some of our players to go to the NRL and then return as better more battle hardened players in the toughest most competitive league just hasn't worked they've all returned no better possibly worse and with a poor injury record ,I don't think one player would have returned if they'd been a success apart from maybe Tommy L who's wife I believe is from the area.Can't blame Sarginson for coming back but have to agree with most people on here saying it's an uninspiring signing long gone are the days when the off season was full of speculation as to which top Aussie or New Zealander was coming over, I realise the salary cap has killed this off but other teams seem to pick up some good signings. All this signing says to me is that Gelling is staying in New Zealand I hope not as I like the player and he's a much needed character for our diminishing game but like Sarginson he's very much a Marmite type player
pedro

Post by pedro »

jasonnlouise wrote:Don't know if this has already been mentioned but to me the allowing of some of our players to go to the NRL and then return as better more battle hardened players in the toughest most competitive league just hasn't worked they've all returned no better possibly worse and with a poor injury record ,I don't think one player would have returned if they'd been a success apart from maybe Tommy L who's wife I believe is from the area.Can't blame Sarginson for coming back but have to agree with most people on here saying it's an uninspiring signing long gone are the days when the off season was full of speculation as to which top Aussie or New Zealander was coming over, I realise the salary cap has killed this off but other teams seem to pick up some good signings. All this signing says to me is that Gelling is staying in New Zealand I hope not as I like the player and he's a much needed character for our diminishing game but like Sarginson he's very much a Marmite type player
catalans sign mead, wire sign roberts, hull sign Faraimo we sign.....sarge
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

I hope he was cheap to sign!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

captinjack wrote:I hope he was cheap to sign!
Oh I'm sure he was.........
maximus

Post by maximus »

Not good enough imo even if he was free
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

pedro wrote:
jasonnlouise wrote:Don't know if this has already been mentioned but to me the allowing of some of our players to go to the NRL and then return as better more battle hardened players in the toughest most competitive league just hasn't worked they've all returned no better possibly worse and with a poor injury record ,I don't think one player would have returned if they'd been a success apart from maybe Tommy L who's wife I believe is from the area.Can't blame Sarginson for coming back but have to agree with most people on here saying it's an uninspiring signing long gone are the days when the off season was full of speculation as to which top Aussie or New Zealander was coming over, I realise the salary cap has killed this off but other teams seem to pick up some good signings. All this signing says to me is that Gelling is staying in New Zealand I hope not as I like the player and he's a much needed character for our diminishing game but like Sarginson he's very much a Marmite type player
catalans sign mead, wire sign roberts, hull sign Faraimo we sign.....sarge

Just a point of moderation, and no doubt debate, which of those teams has won a Grand Final, and to stoke the fire, if you recall Warrington have signed a million NRL stars in the last five years or so. And which player had a winning hand in it ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

To put matters straight, I’m not having a go at Sarginson, just the club wanting to re-sign past players.

If playing for the greatest rugby league club with the best facilities isn’t good enough for you that you want to leave in the first place, why would you want to come back?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan