Lockers ‘third best loose forward in the world’

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Lockers ‘third best loose forward in the world’

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jasonnlouise

Re: Lockers ‘third best loose forward in the world’

Post by jasonnlouise »

Personally I'd say he was a better loose forward than Burgess can't disagree about number one he's an awesome forward
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

MMMMMMMMM :eusa16: :eusa18: :lol:
SJ

Post by SJ »

What a load of rubbish. Maybe once but not anymore Time he moved upstairs before his health is affected if it's not already
In response to another thread the forum is run for the few not the many.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Saying as everything play wise, revolves around Lockers, look at the last two seasons as proof, then if he goes upstairs we will be well in the mire.
Then again the radio may tell a different story?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

SJ wrote:What a load of rubbish. Maybe once but not anymore Time he moved upstairs before his health is affected if it's not already

sorry but i have got to disagree

just look at the way we fold when he goes off or doesnt play. we are going to seriously miss him when he does hang his boots up

IMO if he had been fit to play in the WC final we would have had composure and ball playing ability at 13 to control the game when it mattered. not saying the result would have been different, but without him we lacked composure and his ball playing ability to bring Widdop and others intot the game

i dont watch any NRL so cant comment on the others, although Burgess hasnt been the player he was before he went to RU, and is a different type of loose forward to SOL, very much based on him running in hard and looking to offload

SOL is the one of the last of the traditional loose forwards who has the ability to play rugby, and not a prop converted to loose

i speak to a lot of work colleagues who support Saints, Wire and Widnes, apart from injuries, they all still rate him as the best player in a Wigan shirt and the one they fear the most in terms of what he brings to the game
SJ

Post by SJ »

Possibly. WW
You keep the coil wheels turning,the precision tools sharpened and you will stay afloat. (SURD) :cool:
SJ

Post by SJ »

the pieman wrote:
SJ wrote:What a load of rubbish. Maybe once but not anymore Time he moved upstairs before his health is affected if it's not already

just look at the way we fold when he goes off or doesnt play. we are going to seriously miss him when he does hang his boots up

IMO if he had been fit to play in the WC final we would have had composure and ball playing ability at 13 to control the game when it mattered. not saying the result would have been different, but without him we lacked composure and his ball playing ability to bring Widdop and others intot the game

i dont watch any NRL so cant comment on the others, although Burgess hasnt been the player he was before he went to RU, and is a different type of loose forward to SOL, very much based on him running in hard and looking to offload

SOL is the one of the last of the traditional loose forwards who has the ability to play rugby, and not a prop converted to loose

i speak to a lot of work colleagues who support Saints, Wire and Widnes, apart from injuries, they all still rate him as the best player in a Wigan shirt and the one they fear the most in terms of what he brings to the game
I don't doubt what you say re Sol and to a degree your correct BUT from his welfare aspect I really think another season is one too many. Re his replacement we have none there lies another headache for our management team
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

SJ wrote:
the pieman wrote:

I don't doubt what you say re Sol and to a degree your correct BUT from his welfare aspect I really think another season is one too many. Re his replacement we have none there lies another headache for our management team
i understand what you are saying re his welfare. from the many conversations i have had with my Saints work colleagues they are seeing similiarities with Paul Sculthorpe, who they say carried on for too long and trying to play on through the injuries, but again they were very reliant on him / KC and SL

i dont know the answer to replacing him as he has completely different abilities to any of our other forwards as he plays like a forward but ball handling of a half back
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:Possibly. WW
You keep the coil wheels turning,the precision tools sharpened and you will stay afloat. (SURD) :cool:
Not possibly, it's a fact. He's the main cog in the team, ask anybody that goes watching Wigan!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield