McIlorum and Gelling released

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fan4Fifty

Re: McIlorum and Gelling released

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Of all the disappointments of the last season and the off season to date, nothing gives greater despair than the thought of SP’s salary being doubled to retain him as a half back!! Forwards with not much go-forward and a pedestrian half back, even if not first choice. Who’s writing this script.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

He doesn't mention Powell at all. I did wonder if it was because he may try him in the halers? but then it may just as likely be he just didnt mention him because hes first choice 9. With the FPN stuff I think we are a little way from knowing our run on team.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

pedro wrote:Just watched wigan tv and with the interview with wane it sounds like TL and Ganson to 9 and Powell to 6/7 bad move for me better with TL at 6/7 and MM/SP at 9
Wouldn't have Leuluia any where near half back again. Was never good enough first time around for that position (ended his first stint at Wigan as interchange hooker), moved to NZW and played stand off and at the end of his career we expect him to play a game totally alien to his talents. Hooker or nothing for me

If Ganson cannot hack the speed of SL then maybe a loan spell, but it's simply a case of him adjusting to the higher level requirements.

Leaves Williams and Sam as our halves with Shorrocks (returning after a bad injury) and Powell covering. Josh Wood looked more than capable with a kicking game far better than those considered more experienced. I would consider him a better option than Leuluia
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
pedro wrote:Just watched wigan tv and with the interview with wane it sounds like TL and Ganson to 9 and Powell to 6/7 bad move for me better with TL at 6/7 and MM/SP at 9
Wouldn't have Leuluia any where near half back again. Was never good enough first time around for that position (ended his first stint at Wigan as interchange hooker), moved to NZW and played stand off and at the end of his career we expect him to play a game totally alien to his talents. Hooker or nothing for me

If Ganson cannot hack the speed of SL then maybe a loan spell, but it's simply a case of him adjusting to the higher level requirements.

Leaves Williams and Sam as our halves with Shorrocks (returning after a bad injury) and Powell covering. Josh Wood looked more than capable with a kicking game far better than those considered more experienced. I would consider him a better option than Leuluia
same could be said for Powell regarding the halves hes not that young anymore being 25.