First Choice 17

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: First Choice 17

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: The question is 'what is your first choice 17 not what team you think Waney will pick.
Often we are reminded by one or two posters on here, that we are nothing but utter ignoramuses with about as much rugby league knowledge as a Madagascan tree frog's nut sack! We should respect those who know far much than us bunch of cretins who pick/choose/buy/sell our players without one ounce of coaching ability - so why even try?

If Icould pick a side it would be
1.Joel
2.Navarette 3.Hamlin 4.Isa 5.Field
6.Lockers 7.Leuluia
8.FPN 9.Powell 10.Flower
11.Farrell 12.Bateman 13.TT
Subs Sutton,Clubb,Bretherton and Wells

That way we will have a team that suits our tactics - Happy Now?? :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote:Powell starting hooker and tommy on bench...... tommy is a more explosive runner and would be better against tiring defences
I don't have a problem with that at all. But as said, the bigger issue is in the halves and full-back. Fans are going to be pretty sick to see TL in the 7 shirt at the start of the season.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

moto748 wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Powell starting hooker and tommy on bench...... tommy is a more explosive runner and would be better against tiring defences
I don't have a problem with that at all. But as said, the bigger issue is in the halves and full-back. Fans are going to be pretty sick to see TL in the 7 shirt at the start of the season.
IMO the biggest issue is quality props, FPN focused and allowed to act like a proper prop is by far the best. The rest even though I like Tautai, Sutton & Clubb are not quality and wouldn't get in to a top teams starting pack, Flower can't match up to opposition half backs never mind props.
People need to take off their cherry & white glasses and realise prop-wise we are terrible and need a clear out. Hopefully Greenwood & Hamlin work out.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Josie's friend wrote:
IMO the biggest issue is quality props, FPN focused and allowed to act like a proper prop is by far the best. The rest even though I like Tautai, Sutton & Clubb are not quality and wouldn't get in to a top teams starting pack, Flower can't match up to opposition half backs never mind props.
People need to take off their cherry & white glasses and realise prop-wise we are terrible and need a clear out. Hopefully Greenwood & Hamlin work out.
Good points,

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:What we are more likely to see is

1.Sam
2.Davies 3.Sarginson 4.Gildart 5.Burgess
6.Williams 7.Leuluia
8.FPN 9.Powell 10.Flower
11.Farrell 12.Bateman 13.Lockers

Subs: Clubb, TT, Sutton and Isa (we know the coach loves his forwards on the bench)

Hamlin, Joel, Escare, Marshall and the rest based on injuries picked up either off field or on field
Unfortunatly i agree :(
You will find the following numbers will soon become squad numbers.

1. Escare.
6. S.Tomkins.
7. Williams.
9. Lieuluai.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

1. Escare
2. Manfredi (Marshall as injury cover)
3. J. Tomkins
4. Gildart
5. Burgess
6. S. Tomkins
7. Williams
8. FPN
9. Leuluai
10. Flower
11. Farrell
12. Bateman
13. Lockers

14. Powell
15. Clubb
16. Tautai
17. Isa

We lack soo much size on the edges! Really like Bateman, Farrell and Isa, but they are all similar players.........they work hard (Farrell and Bateman have more of an attacking ability) but lack Size! Same with centres (if you class Sarginson as one to) if you saw that line coming at you, there’s nothing there that would cause difficulties in tackling. It’s the one big thing Gelling offered, he could be a real handful!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:What we are more likely to see is

1.Sam
2.Davies 3.Sarginson 4.Gildart 5.Burgess
6.Williams 7.Leuluia
8.FPN 9.Powell 10.Flower
11.Farrell 12.Bateman 13.Lockers

Subs: Clubb, TT, Sutton and Isa (we know the coach loves his forwards on the bench)

Hamlin, Joel, Escare, Marshall and the rest based on injuries picked up either off field or on field
Unfortunatly i agree :(

1. Escare.
6. S.Tomkins.
7. Williams.
9. Lieuluai.
Any idea when the squad numbers will be released?
Panchitta Marra

Wes wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Unfortunatly i agree :(

1. Escare.
6. S.Tomkins.
7. Williams.
9. Lieuluai.
Any idea when the squad numbers will be released?
I don't know Wes, but I've been told on very good authority about the 4 I've mentioned, so I'd guess that Escare is our fullback for next season.
I've heard Jake Shorrocks is also making good progress and will be included in the kicking duties training with Charlie Hodgson.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

If those squad numbers are correct I think most of us would be happy. Let's hope it all works out.
Panchitta Marra

southportcdm wrote:If those squad numbers are correct I think most of us would be happy. Let's hope it all works out.
The best two hookers we could have had were mcilorum and lieuluai, but our leaders decided to double Sam Powell's wages to stop him leaving for Widnes, yet they make no attempt to try and keep McIlorum.
At team full of yes boys is what our leaders see as the ideal scenario, not prepared to keep key players if they have a rough edge.
Powell is a mummy's boy that the club just won't sacrifice.
That's my rant but it's all fact as I see it.