Exclusive - Radlinski talks McIlorum’s exit, Sarginson’s return and recruitment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Exclusive - Radlinski talks McIlorum’s exit, Sarginson’s return and recruitment

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Radlinski talks McIlorum’s exit, Sarginson’s return and recruitment Read m

Post by southportcdm »

That's it then for signings. All those hopes come to nothing. I should have known better but it did help to get me through the last few weeks. A lot of people have a lot to prove this season, come on you Warriors.
Firestarter

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Radlinski talks McIlorum’s exit, Sarginson’s return and recruitment Read m

Post by Firestarter »

So basically we got rid of MM because Tommy wanted too play hooker? Not because SW realised hes far better in that position.......Morgan and Sam can only play in our current squad( together) if sam is at 6 and morgan at fullback( this seems already set in stone and im all for that).......We wont be making another signing unless FPN is sold( no smoke without fire......Also Hamlin must be on a lot more than we think going off the NRL comments........No mention of Tierney,Navarette or Gregson( two left, one still up in smoke).......Seems too me that KR had all these answers prepared,pre press conference.....
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Yorkshire Cherry

Post by Yorkshire Cherry »

Firestarter wrote:So basically we got rid of MM because Tommy wanted too play hooker? Not because SW realised hes far better in that position.......Morgan and Sam can only play in our current squad( together) if sam is at 6 and morgan at fullback( this seems already set in stone and im all for that).......We wont be making another signing unless FPN is sold( no smoke without fire......Also Hamlin must be on a lot more than we think going off the NRL comments........No mention of Tierney,Navarette or Gregson( two left, one still up in smoke).......Seems too me that KR had all these answers prepared,pre press conference.....

No, Wigan allowed Micky Mac to leave because that's what he wanted to do and it was agreed it was the best course of action for all parties involved.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am sure that Rads will be criticised when people read the article but I believe that it was a bold decision to be so open and honest with fans. I think he hit the nail on the head when he said that supporters had a right to ask questions and get answers as we are all very passionate about our club. I can tell you that Rads is one of the most passionate of us all, let's not forget when he came out of retirement to rescue our club from relegation.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Least we know where we stand with the signings and the anticipation of waiting for one has gone now.
Tactics seriously need to change then otherwise we are in for a long season.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Firestarter wrote:So basically we got rid of MM because Tommy wanted too play hooker? Not because SW realised hes far better in that position.......Morgan and Sam can only play in our current squad( together) if sam is at 6 and morgan at fullback( this seems already set in stone and im all for that).......We wont be making another signing unless FPN is sold( no smoke without fire......Also Hamlin must be on a lot more than we think going off the NRL comments........No mention of Tierney,Navarette or Gregson( two left, one still up in smoke).......Seems too me that KR had all these answers prepared,pre press conference.....

Read it again.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MM being told he ought to look at a deal and MM saying he was made aware his future lies elsewhere tells its own story. The justifications player wise including his age are a joke when he's being replaced by TL. Plenty of other players had poor form last season and are still here.

The biggest issue though is the salary cap. We pay more than any other club for THAT squad? I don't care if it is FPN's wages though it doesn't sound like it. The cap is being mismanaged and we are paying some average players too much due in part to automatic pay rises. When Rads says fans will underestimate the wages of players he's probably right but the fans have probably got the more realistic view of what the wages should be.
acwrlfc

Re: Exclusive - Radlinski talks McIlorum’s exit, Sarginson’s return and recruitment

Post by acwrlfc »

Honest assesment, but not totally convinced personally. Tommy decides where he wants to play with a year left of his career and we lose a much younger player. This smacks of player power , i was told you play where the coach tells you to play.

With that squad and our lack of depth, as proven last year, there must be some serious mis management of the salary cap compared to other clubs.

No mention of other players who have left and most importantly for me no mention of an assistant coach.

I hope i am wrong but i believe our squad looks thin after the first 20 players and even though it wont happen i believe we need one or two hardened pros added.

Finally can some please help me to understand the marquee signing regarding Williams. because i thought it didnt all count on the cap, so why does KR mention it

fozzieskem

Re: Exclusive - Radlinski talks McIlorum’s exit, Sarginson’s return and recruitment

Post by fozzieskem »

The bit about MM made zero sense plenty of others out of form with few having the injury that MM has come back from to use as an excuse.

The cap should go not a fan of it at all but it’s here and I have to say it’s clear Wigan are or seemingly over paying players,this isn’t a world Class squad it’s a squad full of good players but so is Leeds’s and they never seem to break the bank as Wigan seem to have done,I wonder with those contracts that where handed out last summer a player said he’d be leaving but then decided to stay? I don’t associate mismanagement with the Lenegan era,so maybe that’s a harsh word but he’s always seemingly for things under control at the club so for it to,on the face of it spiral out of control is weird.

The fans have a right to criticise its our club fathers follow sons and daughters in following it so yes passions run high,the club shoots itself in the foot time and again by not commminucating with fans,this is not Downton Abbey era,butlers don’t iron the wigan observer anymore we have Facebook,Twitter use them and engage with fans but most of all be truthful and don’t take them for granted as I feel is happening over the last couple of years,fans have more money but less leasure time now,you lose them and they stay gone.

Did have the questions prepared yea I’d say so but they are the right sort of questions with answers to match