Waney is on the prowl!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao711

Re: Waney is on the prowl!

Post by jao711 »

Another In Memorium thread.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Big Steve wrote:From a playing perspective reduce the subs to 4 with no interchange. The sooner we get back to having props wh need to play longer we'll see more opportunities for skillful players.

At the moment it's all about defence and structue, one ypu introduce fatigue into the game we will have a more open and interesting game again.
Couldn't agree more,add competitive scrums to that.The current(Aussie) style with split halves,and uncontested scrums is turning everybody into utility players.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jao711 wrote:Another In Memorium thread.
At least I wont be disappointed at the end of the season when we are served up anther load of crap
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jao711 wrote:Another In Memorium thread.
At least I wont be disappointed at the end of the season when we are served up anther load of crap
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

medlocke wrote:
medlocke wrote:Take it back to pre SL rules, it worked, bring back reserves, GF played between first and second, video ref limited to one minute, corner flags back in play, no 40/20 and limit subs to 4 per game, bring back regular GB tours and only use England for the world cup, also, prevent Gary Hetherington from having any influence on the sport
Also bring back the biff, the games gone too soft
couldnt agree more :) - cant beat a good old 26 man all in brawl

yes the game is hard and every now and then it boils over - give them 10 minutes if warranted and get on with the game.

Billgreenwoodsson

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

I know I am biassed as hell but the game of association football has never been as boring and lacking in skills and excitement as it currently is yet it raises massive income. Why? I have not got a clue!!!@
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Bring in a 2 minute sinbin for every penalty like ice hockey.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Football is vastly more skilful that it was in the past; we may disagree over whether it's more entertaining, but it certainly is more skilful, and played on much better pitches (which of course has a lot to do with it).

But on RL, when I hear talk of abolishing 40/20s and bringing back the corner flag, even going back to playing in mud in the winter, I just want to curl up and die. :( Way to finish off the game in record time! And what would the NRL say? I'll tell you what they'd say: go ahead, pal, it's your funeral.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Ballcocks, all the 40/20 does is reward poor attack and penalize good defense, as for the corner flags, Tommy Mackinson style flying tries are boring, the real skill and thrill of touching the ball down without touching the flag has gone, these and other new rules have dumbed down the game, and as for the NRL, i couldn't care less what they think, they couldn't care less for RL outside of their crap country, we invented the game so they should follow our rules, not the other way round, carry on with the current game and it will be dead in no time, i'm not saying anything i said would save the game, it would bring back some of what's been taken away already :exc:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I've never heard or seen a bad word about the 40/20.
It is a skillful play that deserves the reward it gets.
Corner flag tries are spectacular and worth watching.

Does anyone who goes to games want those pieces of skill abolished from our game?