Waney is on the prowl!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Waney is on the prowl!

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am at ease with where we are. The season is so long that we can turn it round under a new coach from Easter if he does not deliver. It is clear from everything we have read recently that they acknowledge some of the things which made the last year so ugly - the style of play and the make up of the spine. Having Tommy at 9 and a combination of Sam, Escare and George is exactly what we needed to try to address that.

The elephant in the room, which I have seen no mention of, is the propensity for players to get injured, and stay injured forever and then, when they can be bothered to play again, to need months to get up to speed. That is what has ruined the last 2 seasons. At least a new coach will be able to bring in a new medical team.

In the meantime, I am v excited to be able to see them on Friday. It's a home game for me. :)
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Well we seem to have got most of the moaning on one page,only one or two more to go.
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I am at ease with where we are. The season is so long that we can turn it round under a new coach from Easter if he does not deliver. It is clear from everything we have read recently that they acknowledge some of the things which made the last year so ugly - the style of play and the make up of the spine. Having Tommy at 9 and a combination of Sam, Escare and George is exactly what we needed to try to address that.

The elephant in the room, which I have seen no mention of, is the propensity for players to get injured, and stay injured forever and then, when they can be bothered to play again, to need months to get up to speed. That is what has ruined the last 2 seasons. At least a new coach will be able to bring in a new medical team.

In the meantime, I am v excited to be able to see them on Friday. It's a home game for me. :)
Did you know different medical backroom.staff were moved on mid way theough last year and new ones brought in?
It didnt need a new coach to do that.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

jao711 wrote:Well we seem to have got most of the moaning on one page,only one or two more to go.
do you ever post your thoughts on threads? or just snipe at the mood of other posters?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
jao711 wrote:Well we seem to have got most of the moaning on one page,only one or two more to go.
do you ever post your thoughts on threads? or just snipe at the mood of other posters?
. Yes frequently as you have clearly noticed,and these are my thoughts .I am tired of reading the same grousing from the same people about almost everything the club does.You’ve made your point now give us a rest.It’s getting very boring,there must be something more positive to talk about.The season is almost hear so why don’t you just get yourself down to the DW and try to enjoy what is still the greatest game. Life’s too short for that stuff.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jao 711 wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
. Yes frequently as you have clearly noticed,and these are my thoughts .I am tired of reading the same grousing from the same people about almost everything the club does.You’ve made your point now give us a rest.It’s getting very boring,there must be something more positive to talk about.The season is almost hear so why don’t you just get yourself down to the DW and try to enjoy what is still the greatest game. Life’s too short for that stuff.
Unortunately it is not now the greatest game,the effort and the toughness are still there but the skill is not.The game is going backwards backwards like it or not.But of course i am another gloom and doom merchant. :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote:
jao 711 wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: do you ever post your thoughts on threads? or just snipe at the mood of other posters?
Unortunately it is not now the greatest game,the effort and the toughness are still there but the skill is not.The game is going backwards backwards like it or not.But of course i am another gloom and doom merchant. :D
What chance does the game have when the fans do nothing but moan? What in complaining about everything sells the game to a neutral?

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Caboosegg wrote:
old hooker wrote:
jao 711 wrote:. Yes frequently as you have clearly noticed,and these are my thoughts .I am tired of reading the same grousing from the same people about almost everything the club does.You’ve made your point now give us a rest.It’s getting very boring,there must be something more positive to talk about.The season is almost hear so why don’t you just get yourself down to the DW and try to enjoy what is still the greatest game. Life’s too short for that stuff.
What chance does the game have when the fans do nothing but moan? What in complaining about everything sells the game to a neutral?
What's to sell though the standards and skill level of the game are at an all time low. I know many fans that just pick and choose the odd games now as the entertainment levels of the game are just not there anymore to justify a season ticket, it's so sad too as the game with the right people in charge could be so much more.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

superleague wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
old hooker wrote: Unortunately it is not now the greatest game,the effort and the toughness are still there but the skill is not.The game is going backwards backwards like it or not.But of course i am another gloom and doom merchant. :D
What's to sell though the standards and skill level of the game are at an all time low. I know many fans that just pick and choose the odd games now as the entertainment levels of the game are just not there anymore to justify a season ticket, it's so sad too as the game with the right people in charge could be so much more.
So how would you change it if it was your call?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

In the state the game is in it is difficult to sell it to neutrals, and to do so we need to improve many aspects of RL.