Wigan Vs Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Wigan Vs Leigh

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good run out, Leigh defended well with good line speed and we had to work for points. Their two big lads gave us a few problems so something to work on. A lot of positives and some options to explore.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wes wrote:
Powell has good utility, he looked good at 7 Sam T was just better he’s also solid at 9 and offer TL a breather.

I think well start with Sam at FB Sam P at 7 then when TL goes off Escare will be at FB Sam T to 7 Sam P to 9 however if Sam P doesn’t start strong and put a few MoM performances in hell end up on the bench from the off and playing at 9 when TL needs a breather.

I thought when we could get a rhythm with the weather playing its part we looked good.
From what I managed to watch of the game :o I agree with all of that. I just have some doubts about whether such wholesale changes in every game is feasible.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Pretty much agree with everybody but I thought Flower did just what we need,straight running drives,FPN the same.It wasn't too friendly though,Clubb with a split eye, George a broken nose.
Mike
Site Admin

A win, a reasonable performance!

Post by Mike »

And silence on the board. :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
JUKESAYS

Re: A win, a reasonable performance!

Post by JUKESAYS »

Mike wrote:And silence on the board. :lol:
You know what, I was thinking exactly the same thing! Same on RL fans. :D
Wes

Post by Wes »

There are probably white board brainstorming sessions happening all around the borough titled: how to be negative after a win?! As we speak.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

JUKESAYS wrote:
Mike wrote:And silence on the board. :lol:
You know what, I was thinking exactly the same thing! Same on RL fans. :D
I don't know about silence. But a lot myself included was given food for thought. I was impressed with what I saw yesterday by both sides in shocking conditions I was bl**dy freezing and was wrapped like an eskimo so full credit to all. The reason I have not posted on game is that usually don't read anything into friendlies see them as cobweb blowers. But Sundays game give me a different slant mainly because of teams selected. The only thing that slightly worries me is this switching half backs throughout game. Myself would prefer a set halfback partnership to work and blend together. i.e. Williams and Tomkins Escare full back. Have also got to say a lot of the older players look fitter than they have for a long time Sam looked in great shape so maybe its not all doom and gloom. See there I go one friendly and feel better already roll on Salford.
:D :D
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wes wrote:There are probably white board brainstorming sessions happening all around the borough titled: how to be negative after a win?! As we speak.

give em time !!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It has been a superb week end. Having watched in person on Friday and then on Wigan TV yesterday’s game, I am hugely impressed by the strength in depth we can draw upon.
The thing with a signing like Hamlin is that he only needs to be as good as, say the 4th best prop to improve the starting 17. We just need a lot of decent props to allow us to rotate and for them to compete among themselves.
The biggest plus for mine is how sharp both 7s looked. Woods and Sam T both looked to the manor born. It was only a glimpse but it has been a long time since Sam looked that sharp.
Really happy.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ian b wrote:
Wes wrote:There are probably white board brainstorming sessions happening all around the borough titled: how to be negative after a win?! As we speak.

give em time !!

Its a forum and people entitled to there opinion. The club have hardly been busting with positivity over last few months have they. You give negative vibes it follows you get negative vibes.