Wigan Vs Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: A win, a reasonable performance!

Post by Wintergreen »

Not much to say really.

Rusty performance, which is only to be expected given the conditions and it being a pre season FRIENDLY.

Nothing game.

Nothing to say.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

And if we lost?
:blush:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

widdenoldboy wrote:And if we lost?
:blush:
Wouldn't have a blind bit of difference to me at least, iYou can't read too much into these games, though a win is always welcome,but it just means for me at least the season is just round the corner.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Wigan Vs Leigh

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Josie's friend wrote:Imo Hamlin was the only forward that stood out, a couple of decent runs by Tautai & FPN but nothing special. Flower his usual which isn't a positive.
Defence-wise nothing has changed.

Hopefully they are saving themselves for Australia
Is there something personal with Flower JF?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:Imo Hamlin was the only forward that stood out, a couple of decent runs by Tautai & FPN but nothing special. Flower his usual which isn't a positive.
Defence-wise nothing has changed.

Hopefully they are saving themselves for Australia
Is there something personal with Flower JF?
Nothing personal he's just shit
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I watched the whole game properly earlier tonight. Did get very scrappy for a spell in the second half, but plenty of encouragement to be had. Escaré looked fine and as agile as ever, Sam T looked at home in the halves, kicking game generally much improved, forwards were lively and Hamlin looked good, carried well and was pleasingly mobile.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First time in three years we have won a pre season friendly! Especially at Leigh!!

Thought the players looked fit & played extremely well given the weather conditions.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

josie andrews wrote:First time in three years we have won a pre season friendly! Especially at Leigh!!

Thought the players looked fit & played extremely well given the weather conditions.
The players did look in good condition (maybe it was the black kits). I thought both Sams looked like they’ve shed some bulk. I guess Powell needed to with him moving in to the halves so he can do the 80 minutes and Sam Tomkins looked back to the skinny lad that went to Australia. He certainly looked sharper on his feet so that’s good to see.

In the pack Nuuausala looked in much better condition and had a promising game I thought. I’d seen Sutton out and about a couple of times in pre season and thought he looked to have lost some weight but he didn’t look too different to last season on Sunday.

All in all it was promising enough and a good base to build from I thought.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

We're Going to Win the League
We're Going to Win the League
We've Beat Leigh in Their Cup Final
We're Going to Win the League!!

That good enough for you?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote:First time in three years we have won a pre season friendly! Especially at Leigh!!

In fairness its the first time i cant remember us playing anything like the team that would play SL games in the friendlies.

I agree though i raised it on another thread we usually are poor in the friendlies, which could mean we have had a better off season
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure