Parking tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Parking tonight

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Can you park on Trafford centre and walk to ground does anyone know?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Parking tonight

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Park at Eccles Rugby League Club.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Park at Eccles Rugby League Club.
That’s if your not fond of your tyres because they’ll be gone when you come back after the game
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Travelling to the game was shite. Quite obviously people who sort out the fixtures have never tried to travel south along the M60, through the road works, anytime after 5.30 pm on a Friday night. The arsewipe who set the Salford game to start at 7.30pm on a Friday evening wants his courting tackle putting in a vice and ripping it up tight.

As for the parking what a shambles. Could have been sorted out better by untrained monkeys.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Utter shambles! My old man left Wigan at 5.45pm and got parked at 7.55pm! They’d shut the ticket booths near our turnstiles so he gave up and went back to the car instead.

I got to the ground at 7.30pm after Leaving Salford Central on a bus at 6pm. There were hundreds of cars still trying to get parked and masses of people at the main ticket office yet they didn’t put the kick off back.

A poor day for Salford in more ways then one!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I had to pay £6 for a disabled parking ticket, yet others with blue badges got on for free! :angry:

Thought it was badly organised tonight at the AJBell. People were queuing up expecting the gates to open at 6pm. When I asked the stewards what was the delay, they replied “There’s a match being played & we will have to get everyone out before we can open the turnstiles to allow entry. It may get 6.45pm.”

The “game” being played was an U16’s match between Salford & ...... Wigan Warriors!!

Total shambles tonight. Too many people in the away stand behind the sticks. Fans were stood on the steps, in front of the stand & in the entrance tunnels!

Plus we had the fecking idiots again setting off flares ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

We went on the coach as I knew we would have problems by car, made no difference we were still late for the kick off, what a shambles.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

We ended up jumping off the coach and walking the last bit. Got in ten minutes before ko but missed that because of the queue for the bar :D
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Third time on a trot this shambles missed first 15 minutes. Could have gone at 1 0clock and still had to queue to get parked. Sorry but unless something drastic changes no more Salford for me. You get on ground all wound up and miss next 15 minutes coming back down. And as for tickets don't even go there may as well sat on steps to save hassle.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

We ended up walking from Trafford centre along the newly opened road. Was about a mile so not too bad and think it was quicker than trying to park near the ground