Re: Wollongong Game.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I don't know what Waney sees in Joel Tomkins. Sarginson poor too but I'm glad TL is now our hooker.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Would swap FPN for a top center.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Its funny FPN has been dropoed..... i wonder if its an injury or because hes had secret meetings with an nrl club? Just a thought that popped into my mind
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Ian Lenagan has a plan " Drop him off and leave him there " good plan Ian graet decision.

Do the same with Sarge :roll: :roll: :roll:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ddtftf wrote:Ian Lenagan has a plan " Drop him off and leave him there " good plan Ian graet decision.

Do the same with Sarge :roll: :roll: :roll:
Wishful thinking but if it was only true!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ddtftf wrote:
medlocke wrote:I Cringe everytime Joel touches the ball

Is there only me thinks Sarge is a terrible centre ? we must have better in our squad
To quote Wane we should be making two to replace the aforementioned.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
ddtftf wrote:
medlocke wrote:I Cringe everytime Joel touches the ball

Is there only me thinks Sarge is a terrible centre ? we must have better in our squad
To quote Wane we should be making two to replace the aforementioned.
Yes there is some irony in that statement about making players. He thinks we can make players to replace the good ones but the club persists with the poor ones and doesn't bother making some replacements.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Sarg will be better given a few games under his belt. We know he can catch and stand up when he runs, as he has shown us plenty of times. That said, I really like Higginson, and would be pleased to see him given his chance. Gildart is a superb player, a classic centre, so Wane clearly knows how to coach centre play. He was unfairly criticised this morning - he judged that his wing would get mullered if he moved the ball, and may well have been right.

If FPN being dropped is a sign that he isn't coming home, then we could well see 2 NRLers on the plane back, with his and McIllorum's hefty salaries off the wage bill.

I have wondered for a while whether they might have treats in store for us before March. With our first game so late, they have longer to reflect on how best to spend IL's hard earned.

Finally, superb combinations, and that after only 2 games. The only slight quibble is that I would like to Sam take on the line again.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sarge was hardly a world beater first time round sadly it’s just going to be more of the same by the sounds of it from him.

Don’t have sky and off Facebook for awhile (other than to check the team) it was good to see Marshall rightly keep his place,those are the clubs future on the wing for my money so glad he wasn’t dropped.

Good win by the sounds of it though.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Decent win that I'm happy enough with it! Need to cut out the errors and keep it simple and we should be fine. I think we could be unstoppable if we had a proper centre instead of sarge, he's truly awful! got rid of Isa, joel and ping pong. Didn't miss ping pong 1 bit either! Also think we look much stronger with Sam T in the halves and escare at 1 and if Wane had anything about him he would make that a permanent line up