Re: Wollongong Game.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan win ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote:Sarge has had a mare.... hes got this knack ov stepping into a tackle when hes got a gap too run into
Sarge is Just not a very good player - he never has been he had a few good games but that’s it - he consistently makes the wrong choice
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote:Sarge has had a mare.... hes got this knack ov stepping into a tackle when hes got a gap too run into
I don't think either centre covered themselves in glory (Gildart should have passed for what would have been a try) but Sarge has taken up where he left off in 2016 which isn't a positive.

However despite that we thoroughly deserved to win the game. Helped a little by Hull's injuries but plenty of teams were helped by ours last season. The fitness of the Wigan team looked good and while you could argue the game should have been put to bed the good thing is we didn't let Hull back in. We seemed to have a knack of doing that last season and even if we won it was nail biting.

Two points in the bag, now we just need to put the reserves out for the upcoming friendly so we can be ready for Wire.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We need to learn how to shut games down ffs, a drop goal or the penalty would have done so but we see neither, instead we see crap players trying to be the hero, there's no I in team unless your from Finland :wink:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We shudda got 50 if we had been ruthless..... we did attack well and seemed too have a lot more in our locker..... the commentators keep mentioning hulks injuries but weve all been there....putting 4 forwards in the bench can always backfire..... like daveo i think we should put a second string out nxt match.....nothing too prove and concentrate on the game after
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Gildart was garbage in the first half.I know it's the beginning of the season but you expect better from what is our supposedly best center.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Phil Clarke ????

Promoting rugby league & he says how poor the game is.....wot a tool!!!!! ????????????????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

medlocke wrote:I Cringe everytime Joel touches the ball

Is there only me thinks Sarge is a terrible centre ? we must have better in our squad
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I was a big critic of Gelling but he is a big improvement on the cockney
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

yonmon wrote:Gildart was garbage in the first half.I know it's the beginning of the season but you expect better from what is our supposedly best center.
Gildart has a bit of a mare but luckily you know it’s the exception rather than the rule with him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure