Bateman and Sutton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cherry_Warrior

Bateman and Sutton

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

So what do we make of them having dinner with Cronulla chiefs? Is nobody else sick of thier club being used as a bottom feeder and the club letting it go on? If the club knew about this then that is very bad form from them and if Sutty and Bateman have done this off their own backs then they wouldn't play another first team game for me the treacherous little git's. Players bitching themselves out to other clubs while we sit there and let it happen. This has to stop NOW and also bring an end to the 'old boys club' If it doesn't work out for them then its their own sword they have fallen on and tough tittie.
fozzieskem

Re: Bateman and Sutton

Post by fozzieskem »

In batsman’s case it’s always been public knowledge that towards the end of his current deal he could set a deal up for a move to the nrl,so no not got an issue with it to be honest until our sport here at home can compete it will always go on.

I just don’t want them back when they’ve gone but that’s s different arguement
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Didn't Wigan train with Cronulla this week or am I mistaken?

Easy to read too much into the odd photo which is I presume what you are reacting to.

That said I'd be amazed if this trip has not given several of our players who maybe had not considered it before the idea they would be open to an offer to play for an Aussie club....
jobo

Post by jobo »

DaveO wrote:Didn't Wigan train with Cronulla this week or am I mistaken?

Easy to read too much into the odd photo which is I presume what you are reacting to.

That said I'd be amazed if this trip has not given several of our players who maybe had not considered it before the idea they would be open to an offer to play for an Aussie club....
I'd doubt that any of the squad hasn't given at least some thought to trying their hand in the NRL.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:Didn't Wigan train with Cronulla this week or am I mistaken?

Yes they did ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I agree with Cherry Warrior to an extent , i don't think its great PR when two of our two brightest English prospects are sat with another teams coach. I understand we may be aware of potential moves but i do feel it isn't good for fans morale.

This has got me thinking about the Pack for next year as well, no Bateman, Sutton, Lockers, Tommy, FPN, not sure if theres anyone else but there is some serious recruitment potentially required
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

If someone wants to go let them, last thing you need is a player being less than commited on the pitch.
I like Bateman I lot and think Sutton is a better 2nd row than prop but they won't be missed tbh
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

As a club it seems to me that all we a hell bent on doing is encouraging our better players to leave constantly. I never hear anything positive from the club stating how such a player wont be leaving until his contract is up. Its always a case of 'sogn a new contract and we can sell you for a few bob' the Wigan Athletic model. It is so discouraging as a fan. I want to see ambition. We are Wigan for god's sake, what the hell is going on at all.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

N ot really bothered, looks like we have Greenwood lined up to Bateman and we will just make another player to replace Sutton
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Like it or not both are on their way. Sutty is out of contract at the end of the season and therefore I have no problem with him being courted by other clubs. Bateman I believe has got an agreement with the club so again I haven't got a problem.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards