Frank

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Frank

Post by josie andrews »

Pathetic! :(

Can’t see why the club couldn’t have been more forthcoming about this saga!
It’s been doing the rounds since before pre season! The “rumour” about him signing for the feeder club at Newcastle Knights was correct then, that everyone denied! Perhaps if the club had admitted to the claim from that club instead of denying it, all these rumours would never have started ????

I’ve said from early days it was his wife who wasn’t happy & if his home life isn’t happy it will reflect on his performance on the pitch & it did. Just because she attended games with the children in Wigan shirts doesn’t mean a sod all.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I won’t criticise anyone for being homesick but I do wish and it applies to the English lads as well,they would think about it before signing on the dotted line for silly money,no one can tell the future of course but at least be honest with yourself if things aren’t working out.

He stole a living last season,if things where that bad then no one here or I’m sure the club would want to see him unsettled and u happy and factor in the mega deal he was on.

But this just leaves a really nasty taste it’s a poor show on his part but let’s be fair about it he won’t be missed.

As for the clubs handling of the whole sorry mess well let’s be fair if they weren’t shilling that Aussie trip they weren’t interested really so no surprise they took the 3 wise monkey route and said nowt
Wes

Post by Wes »

If the club came out and said Franks not happy we are going to help him leave they may have put themselves in a position where other clubs could take advantage and we end up paying part of his salary for a season or two why he plays elsewhere.

If the club stayed quiet to let Frank hang himself and leave they may now be in a position where his whole salary is now free from our cap.

I’m not saying that is definitely the case but honestly how does anyone know and which would you prefer?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Fujiman wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I think we may have played a blinder here...
It looks like FPN and family have not settled. But he is still under contract so was reluctant to go home and jeopardise that cash. So we got the story about his signing for wests’ feeder club and the subsequent denial. We just sat tight and called his bluff. Looks like we are ill get him off our books without having to continue to pay his wages etc...
which frees up yet more salary cap space just in time to get a signing or 2 in before the first home game.
FPN out Zach in ?
Effron - was quite good in the High School musical films apparently :)
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Exactly.

Why don't they just say "Frank's family isn't settled, it's affecting his game and therefore it's in everyone's interests to move on".

Being VERY generous with an explanation, it could be in terms of replacement player wage/transfer negotiations.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Good. We now need to find a replacement, we should have been talking to Walmsley's agent before he signed his extension at Saints.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It looks to me that he wants to go but wants to get as much of the wages he is due under his contract as possible (or his agent wants to get his hands on them on his behalf), so Wigan have played it by the book - if he wants to leave we won’t stand in his way but we won’t continue to pay him. Given the delicacy around breach of contract on both sides the club can’t say more than they have. What he should have done is sit down with the club and ask for a release and then backed himself to get an NRL gig. Given how much more they get paid over there he should have felt confident he could put food on the table. If it were my family I would have walked away already.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

josie andrews wrote:Pathetic! :(

Can’t see why the club couldn’t have been more forthcoming about this saga!
It’s been doing the rounds since before pre season! The “rumour” about him signing for the feeder club at Newcastle Knights was correct then, that everyone denied! Perhaps if the club had admitted to the claim from that club instead of denying it, all these rumours would never have started ????

I’ve said from early days it was his wife who wasn’t happy & if his home life isn’t happy it will reflect on his performance on the pitch & it did. Just because she attended games with the children in Wigan shirts doesn’t mean a sod all.
. The trouble is Josie Wigan is the rumour capital of the Rugby League world and it would be a full time job replying to all the rumours.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

We should give credit where it’s due. Frank played every game since he arrived.,with two props out long term a lot more on his and TT’s shoulders. A n unhappy home is the best reason for moving on.I’m sure Frank is disappointed in how it tuned out.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Now official been released by club.By mutual agreement. Sorry cant post link but on bbc sport.