Injuries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Injuries

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It looks like we will return from Oz with no injuries. Not only that, but those players who suffered long term injuries over the last couple of years look to be fit and well, and fast.
It is early days, of course, and we looked pretty healthy this time last year, but I am thrilled that it looks like we might be able to watch our first team play first team matches this year.
Rather than hiding behind the sofa whenever we play, if this lasts, I might be able to relax.
I think someone said that we did change our medical people last year - if so, and that is behind the improvement - then hats off to everyone involved!!!
JUKESAYS

Re: Injuries

Post by JUKESAYS »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:It looks like we will return from Oz with no injuries. Not only that, but those players who suffered long term injuries over the last couple of years look to be fit and well, and fast.
It is early days, of course, and we looked pretty healthy this time last year, but I am thrilled that it looks like we might be able to watch our first team play first team matches this year.
Rather than hiding behind the sofa whenever we play, if this lasts, I might be able to relax.
I think someone said that we did change our medical people last year - if so, and that is behind the improvement - then hats off to everyone involved!!!
It was me who mentioned it.
The changes weren't necessarily anything to do with the injuries being picked up but more to do with how long it was taking to get them back in and recurrences.
Top line is its like an ever increasing circle, when you get a few injuries it affects the rest of the squad in terms of rotation, minutes played etc. This can and often does lead to more injuries etc.

Let's touch wood that we get our share of luck k with injuries this year.