Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If Giz is only making himself available for 2020 then I would sign him up for the start of that season and make interim arrangements between now and then. What he doesn't know about rugby is not worth knowing he is a student of both games. Added to that the Prodigal Son's return would put bums on seats.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ide love him back....... i think he would bring so many fresh ideas and probably improve our overall attacking system......theres one thing sean was fantastic at( as well as backing up) and that was how too throw a good flat pass which is very rare in the modern game...... most passes now are loopers harry pinner style lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:Hope so and before some clever so and so states that he has been out of the game for too long, I say bollox, he has been out of the game for the right amount of time, he is untainted by the "let's copy everything the Aussies do and fail" brigade, fresh thinking to a stale game is what is needed and as for his RL credentials, i think they speak for themsewlves, :thum:
I agree. In theory he knew nowt about RU and never played it at the top senior level but won all the major trophies with Wasps as a coach before heading off to Wales. If he can apply himself to RU like that I am sure he can apply himself back to RL.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

The most over rated player in history, an average player at best. I don't know about his skills as a coach but common sense here would direct the decision of him being coach of Wigan in any capacity to be obvious.

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan Watcher wrote:The most over rated player in history, an average player at best. I don't know about his skills as a coach but common sense here would direct the decision of him being coach of Wigan in any capacity to be obvious.
ide say gary schofield was the most over rated player in history..... sean had his off days ,but always bounced back ...... i mself critisized him at times but he always seemed too do it when it mattered
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan Watcher wrote:The most over rated player in history, an average player at best. I don't know about his skills as a coach but common sense here would direct the decision of him being coach of Wigan in any capacity to be obvious.
Yes not bad for an overrated average player. being most decorated player in rl history. Wish we had one of those average players like him now :lol:
pedro

Post by pedro »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

:eusa15:
I couldn't disagree more.
Of the current generation that tag could go to George Williams though. Stagnated, if not gone backwards, for 18 months. I'd like to see him tried at LF when Lockers retires and then sign a genuine half back.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wigan Watcher wrote:The most over rated player in history, an average player at best.
Are you on medication?????
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

The booze hound wrote:
:eusa15:
I couldn't disagree more.
Of the current generation that tag could go to George Williams though. Stagnated, if not gone backwards, for 18 months. I'd like to see him tried at LF when Lockers retires and then sign a genuine half back.
I also thought this a while ago to try George at LF he's played hooker so is used to being in the forwards also would be as close a replacement for Lockers as you could get