Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by josie andrews »

jasonnlouise wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:The most over rated player in history, an average player at best. I don't know about his skills as a coach but common sense here would direct the decision of him being coach of Wigan in any capacity to be obvious.
:eusa15:
I couldn't disagree more.
Of the current generation that tag could go to George Williams though. Stagnated, if not gone backwards, for 18 months. I'd like to see him tried at LF when Lockers retires and then sign a genuine half back.
I also thought this a while ago to try George at LF he's played hooker so is used to being in the forwards also would be as close a replacement for Lockers as you could get
Lockers is irreplaceable IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

josie andrews wrote:
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
:inlo: :inlo: :inlo: :inlo: :inlo: :inlo:
:eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18:

Now why is this statement not surprising

:eusa16: :eusa16: :eusa16: :eusa16: :eusa16:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southernpie wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
:inlo: :inlo: :inlo: :inlo: :inlo: :inlo:
:eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18:

Now why is this statement not surprising

:eusa16: :eusa16: :eusa16: :eusa16: :eusa16:
????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

jasonnlouise wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:The most over rated player in history, an average player at best. I don't know about his skills as a coach but common sense here would direct the decision of him being coach of Wigan in any capacity to be obvious.
Of the current generation that tag could go to George Williams though. Stagnated, if not gone backwards, for 18 months. I'd like to see him tried at LF when Lockers retires and then sign a genuine half back.
I also thought this a while ago to try George at LF he's played hooker so is used to being in the forwards also would be as close a replacement for Lockers as you could get
I can see your point.. I said Edwards because he won many things on the back of being in a brilliant team.. there were better halfs at the time who would have won the same amount of honours being in that team... right place right time.... people do have short memories and forget the time..... and yes I was there when he was booed.... I have never heard a great player being booed....Have you?

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan Watcher wrote:
jasonnlouise wrote:
The booze hound wrote: :eusa15:
I can see your point.. I said Edwards because he won many things on the back of being in a brilliant team.. there were better halfs at the time who would have won the same amount of honours being in that team... right place right time.... people do have short memories and forget the time..... and yes I was there when he was booed.... I have never heard a great player being booed....Have you?
Sam Tomkins
markill

Post by markill »

jasonnlouise wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
Not a very good idea in my opinion. It would physically destroy him playing in the middles long-term. He couldn't do 80 minutes there either, so we lose one of our most creative and dynamic players for 30-40 minutes a game. The player that was top of try assists in Super League last year.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The booze hound wrote:
Three games, two MoM performances, am I watching a different game!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
Same game, different opinions. MoM award is also someone's opinion.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Some of the awards for MoM are baffling,utterly baffling to me to the point of being meaningless,as for Williams he needs to stop listening to the hype and get his head down,he is still nothing more than bag full of potential,it really is up to him how good he wants to be but he’s far from the finished article.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The booze hound wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
The booze hound wrote: :eusa15:
Same game, different opinions. MoM award is also someone's opinion.
Yes it is about opinions. My view is that our problem is the ineffectiveness of our forwards. Williams stats behind a poor pack are excellent, in fact if you take him out of our team we have very little options in attack.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards